November winds of change, banter, and a surprise whoopee cushion

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Might be a side effect of what the doctor called the "Bison Effect"???

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I take nexium the purple pill daily and Zantac at times as well. They say it could be stress related or change of season???

might try another type of active ingredient. those dont work for me. i have to use the ones with famotidine as the active ingredient and they are a smaller mg. dose.

guido4475

Not a Member
Happy Sunday gang. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I would be doing better if this darn acid reflux would calm down.

If the Lions win today that would make me feel better.

Sorry to hear that is something you gotta deal with, honestly. I've never had that, unless it is like me eating a pizza with too much sauce and I kind of burp up the acidy stuff. I hate that. One reason why I tell them to go easy on the sauce...Milk helps settle it down for me..

Time for me to go clothes shopping in a little bit....tired of looking like a slob....

Any predictions for freight movement for tomorrow? With it being Veterans Day and all?

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Load count for tomorrow is looking pretty strong already. Don't think Veterans Day will have much of an effect. UAW I think takes it as a holiday the first day of deer season ( real sign of respect to me).

On the Veterans Day topic, we moved the Patriot trailer out front for the weekend and the holiday.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
not all the UAW get the day off...mostly just the bigger locals of the assembly plants....smaller locals of places like Auto Components Inc...have to work...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
caught myself thinking today, i know, dangerous rite. anyway my thought was on griping, complaining, whatever you want to call it. this was brought to mind when looking at some pictures we took of our grandson. he is 8 mo. old and had some surgery to have a tumor removed from his back and also a skin graft to cover the wound. he has a wound the same size on his lower back. he has been such a little trooper through the last 2 weeks of having this done. with almost no fussing and complaining. just gave me pause for thought.

Abel Lee Allen

sorry, couldn't get them to rotate !!!

Attachments

• photo 1 abel.JPG
    photo 1 abel.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 74
  • photo 2 abel.JPG
    photo 2 abel.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got a very good run a few weeks ago that paid way to much..... Mocking John I said that's too much to pay for a 700 miler, I should call them back and get it reduced... Then doing the BHAHAHAHAH.......BHAHAHAHA Like a mad man thing. Nope must be right.

Someone must of heard me. Last Fri,'s settlement showed a 200 hit from that load. So, Joe has an E-mail waiting on him.
I am still happy though...

guido4475

Not a Member
Did you tell your doctor that you have to deal with vanners?......:D

sent from my Galaxy S3

Or particular straight truck drivers who take a load to a certain area, knowing it has been difficult for them to get out the previous 2 or 3 times, but they still whine about it the whole time?....lol.....poke-poke.....lol....:eek:

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Or particular straight truck drivers who take a load to a certain area, knowing it has been difficult for them to get out the previous 2 or 3 times, but they still whine about it the whole time?....lol.....poke-poke.....lol....:eek:

St8 truck drivers don't whine, we described our circumstances. .....:rolleyes:

sent from my Galaxy S3

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Good morning and Happy Veterans Day!

morning and Happy Veterans Day to you as well. I thought i was the only early riser.

Kinda crummy here, and some of that white stuffs gonna fall. not gonna stay around though.

Last edited:

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Good Morning gang. Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to all who have served and currently serve.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app