November to remember and chit chat

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was a great pleasure meeting Lisa and Maggie, she is absolutely wonderful ! Oh, and Lisa is alright too :p

BTW, your Espar is already installed and purring like a kitten. Thanks !
Laughing here! Good, glad for you and BK! Wonderful meeting you too Ken and thanks once again for buying it.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
speaking of ditches...ever been to Iowa in a snow or ice storm....LOL

Years ago, I had a del in Lincoln, so I stopped in Gretna for the night. Woke up to about 2' of the white stuff. Told dispatch we were snowed in. "How bad is it?" Bad enough I couldn't move. Then she called for an update every hour or so, until she found out the consignee had shut down at lunch.

The next day was a mess, with everyone off in the ditches on 80... cars and trucks alike. Anything over 35mph was crazy. It's like everyone took the previous day off because of the snow, but forgot to shovel.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
So, Thursday night I was driving through GA on I 20 eastbound half way between Atlanta and Augusta, my usual driving stile on the first lane, but this time I was driving the speed limit because I was a little pressed by the time.

All of a sudden I see a pair of headlights on the fast lane approaching from behind, then kinda slows down and rides by my rear left corner. I was thinking like 'what is this idiot doing?' After about 30 seconds or so he slowed down and fell way behind, then changed lanes. Then about 5 minutes later I saw him approaching fast behind me and before I knew it I saw the dreaded blue lights. I did not think for a second that he was a cop, since I recognize the headlights of a Crown Vic, but he was driving other kind of SUV junk.

Anyways, he came over and told me that he was with so and so Sheriff's department and that he pulled me over because my license plate light was out. I thought that it was strange to have that light out since I check my lights periodically and I just checked my lights the previous day. But you know, anything could have happened on the bumpy Alabama roads.

So, he checked my license and insurance, then sent me on my way telling me to get the light fixed the next day. I felt like asking him to show me which light was out but I wasn't in the mood to open a can of worms. So I left, but I pulled over a mile later to convince myself of the light out thing. Walked back there and all my lights were working properly.

One of Amonger quotes came to my mind: The bad cops make the other 5% look bad. I don't hate cops, but I sure do hate lying cops.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, Thursday night I was driving through GA on I 20 eastbound half way between Atlanta and Augusta, my usual driving stile on the first lane, but this time I was driving the speed limit because I was a little pressed by the time.

All of a sudden I see a pair of headlights on the fast lane approaching from behind, then kinda slows down and rides by my rear left corner. I was thinking like 'what is this idiot doing?' After about 30 seconds or so he slowed down and fell way behind, then changed lanes. Then about 5 minutes later I saw him approaching fast behind me and before I knew it I see blue lights. I did not think for a second that he was a cop, since I recognize the headlights of a Crown Vic, but he was driving other kind of SUV junk.

Anyways, he came over and told me that he was with so and so Sheriff's department and that he pulled me over because my license plate light was out. I thought that it was strange to have that light out since I check my lights periodically and I just checked my lights the previous day. But you know, anything could have happened o the bumpy Alabama roads.

So, he checked my license and insurance, then sent me on my way telling me to get the light fixed tomorrow. I felt like asking him to show me which light was out but I wasn't in the mood to open a can of worms. So I left, but I pulled over a mile later to convince myself of the light out thing. Walked back there and all my lights were working properly.

One of Amonger quotes came to my mind: The bad cops make the other 5% look bad. I don't hate cops, but I sure do hate lying cops.

my license plate light works but the covers are so yellow with age it's very hard to see that they even work

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

All of a sudden I see a pair of headlights on the fast lane approaching from behind, then kinda slows down and rides by my rear left corner. I was thinking like 'what is this idiot doing?' After about 30 seconds or so he slowed down and fell way behind, then changed lanes. Then about 5 minutes later I saw him approaching fast behind me and before I knew it I saw the dreaded blue lights. I did not think for a second that he was a cop, since I recognize the headlights of a Crown Vic, but he was driving other kind of SUV junk.

Anyways, he came over and told me that he was with so and so Sheriff's department and that he pulled me over because my license plate light was out. I thought that it was strange to have that light out since I check my lights periodically and I just checked my lights the previous day. But you know, anything could have happened on the bumpy Alabama roads.

So, he checked my license and insurance, then sent me on my way telling me to get the light fixed the next day. I felt like asking him to show me which light was out but I wasn't in the mood to open a can of worms. So I left, but I pulled over a mile later to convince myself of the light out thing. Walked back there and all my lights were working properly.

Been there done that, got the T Shirt!

Reactions: FlyingVan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Must be the end of the month every county sheriff all the way up from Walton north of Cincinnati on I 75 catching the churchgoers on their way to Cracker Barrel!!
Amazing as parents first thing we teach our kids how to break the law if you don't do more than 5 miles an hour over and they usually won't stop you

Reactions: ntimevan

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a mess on the roads. Started the day at home thinking I woke up with pink eye, turned out to be a broken blood vessel in my eye. Oddly, I think I would have rather had pink eye. I hate the thought of things being broken
Better get that eye checked out. I had one 16 yrs ago and found out that I had hypertension. Nothing to play around with.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Totally messed up my leaf raking plans lol.
gardening-leaf-tree-rake-raking-mess-jmp081011_low.jpg