November Locations or Vacations

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was this prior to the deep water submergence experiment?
483e8d95641f430b9ac7fd4fbf8f43af.jpg

New robotic submersible van of the future ...? Ford has named it ... Tranship

... still pond hopping

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did anyone watch the new show on mtv floribama shore it was funny

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang... no FD today so back to the woodpile for an hour or so... cut up some more skids/pallets...
Slacker ...
After Pedro opened at 9 am ... was told go to ramp ... 1 hour 45 minutes later my 1 skid was unloaded ... J D was not happy about that ...
Got about 90 minute nap ..
Now awaiting Jose to load me so i can go back to Sleep ...

... still pond hopping

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was this prior to the deep water submergence experiment?
Shortly after
I asked because I'm curious if the water did them in prematurely. Was there any warning of failure like a grinding noise. You're the leader with the high mileage Transit and it helps the rest of us to plan for future repairs based on your experiences.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I asked because I'm curious if the water did them in prematurely. Was there any warning of failure like a grinding noise. You're the leader with the high mileage Transit and it helps the rest of us to plan for future repairs based on your experiences.
Ball joints had some wear, rotors we're grooved no extra labor charge to do bearings so I had it done.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

schwanman

Expert Expediter
Enjoying the hospitality of a motel in North Charleston, SC while annoying noises are remedied -- both rear bearing assemblies + brake pads + rotors all around (2015 Transit, 158K). Looks like I'm off-line until later 11/28. At least it's 60's and sunny here. And Charleston isn't one of those places where I could pretty much bet there'd be a load out today. Makes it a little better. If by some miracle the shop gets it put together by Noon, I might even land an overnighter back to the Midwest. Or at least Georgetown, KY. A run back to the Midwest would set this up for an OK week, all things considered.
Do you haul a lot of heavy loads? Can you lower payload weight with carrier?

Reactions: Grizzly

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Enjoying the hospitality of a motel in North Charleston, SC while annoying noises are remedied -- both rear bearing assemblies + brake pads + rotors all around (2015 Transit, 158K). Looks like I'm off-line until later 11/28. At least it's 60's and sunny here. And Charleston isn't one of those places where I could pretty much bet there'd be a load out today. Makes it a little better. If by some miracle the shop gets it put together by Noon, I might even land an overnighter back to the Midwest. Or at least Georgetown, KY. A run back to the Midwest would set this up for an OK week, all things considered.
Do you haul a lot of heavy loads? Can you lower payload weight with carrier?
Unfortunately there is this belief that heavier loads keep you moving thus you make better money...over the years I've seen this play out not so good when you spread out the miles and hear of the breakdown costs over time....It chews up most of that extra income in increments that can be hard to see...like extra tire wear at almost 1,000$ a pop....a set of front brakes in only 150K is ridiculous IMO...either its heavy loads, BAD driver or a badly engineered van or any combination of the above...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Unfortunately there is this belief that heavier loads keep you moving thus you make better money...over the years I've seen this play out not so good when you spread out the miles and hear of the breakdown costs over time....It chews up most of that extra income in increments that can be hard to see...like extra tire wear at almost 1,000$ a pop....a set of front brakes in only 150K is ridiculous IMO...either its heavy loads, BAD driver or a badly engineered van or any combination of the above...
Takes a while to learn, I'm getting there

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app