Not for everybody but.....

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Each one of my tattoos means something to me and were not done on a whim. The memorial tattoo that reads "Daddy" with his birth and death date speaks for itself, as does the one for my late husband, his signature transposed with his birth and death dates. The gargoyle is merely a reminder of what my kids would have looked like had I chosen to burden the world with them.

All my tats are easy to cover, all my piercings easy to remove.

I think God knows why I have them. I think He will forgive me if they need forgiving.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most of the hard core Orthodox Jews and a few extremists still follow all of the laws. The rest, same as countless others, pick and choose. I wont comment on marking oneself for the dead.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
How is it picking and choosing when there are clearly time periods for which things were written. It's not picking and choosing, its what the purpose of certain things were for. Are we sinners because we don't sacrifice sheep or goats to God like they used to?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Because those time periods can become very blury depending on who is doing the interpretations, and why they are doing them. Far too often things get interpretated so that it makes for convenience. For a book that's supposed to be timeless, nay, eternal, there seems to be an awful lot in there which suddenly no longer applies in today's world. If that's not picking and choosing, then it's a heckuva coincidence that it all works out so well. Very convenient.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I wont comment on marking oneself for the dead.

Yeah, I know what Leviticus says...but then again these people were obviously important to me and they too were God's children. I honor the mortal memories of two of His creations.

If I made a mistake, God will forgive. If He doesn't, I plan on being cremated anyway so I will be getting a headstart on adapting to my new environment.

What's ironic is 2 1/2 years ago I had a couple of hard-line "born agains" (one a minister, the other just what I call a zealot), knowing of my ink, ask me on dates. Safe to say, I didn't go.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh, well, since they were important to you, then that's OK.

That's what I mean by justifying, logical fallacy, and picking and choosing. People use the very important to me excuse, and excuses like, that's not really meant for modern times, or it's the wrong Testament, and any number of other excuses to deviate from the Bible and it's teachings. And then there's the old standby, "God will forgive me, especially if I truly repent and ask for his forgiveness." That one's the bread and butter of Catholicism.

I do hope y'all realize I'm just yankin' chains here and trying to provoke thought. It's all good. :)

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
just thought i would drop these in here.
rom. 3:20,rom.3:28, gal.2:16,gal.2:21,gal3:24
turtle i appreciate you yankin chains, if it gets people to open up their ,then more power to ya:) oh yeah i was a christian bashing atheist until my early thirties. sometimes we (christians) make more complicated than it needs to be.​

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Oh, well, since they were important to you, then that's OK.

That's what I mean by justifying, logical fallacy, and picking and choosing. People use the very important to me excuse, and excuses like, that's not really meant for modern times, or it's the wrong Testament, and any number of other excuses to deviate from the Bible and it's teachings. And then there's the old standby, "God will forgive me, especially if I truly repent and ask for his forgiveness." That one's the bread and butter of Catholicism.

I do hope y'all realize I'm just yankin' chains here and trying to provoke thought. It's all good. :)

I belong to the United Methodist Church so no on the Catholic. How about that, a debate involving a few different people about a sensitive subject like religion and there is no name calling.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I belong to the United Methodist Church so no on the Catholic. How about that, a debate involving a few different people about a sensitive subject like religion and there is no name calling.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

I tend to not argue cuz if my van runs off a cliff i die on my dirtbike or zombies get me im going to one place.. the rest ehh let the debaters hack it out ....

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Well, my whole belief system is "Do what is right for you while harming no one else, and don't forget to thank God before bedtime". If the Bible wasn't composed in such a way that it wasn't open for individual interpretation, then there wouldn't be so many religious sects arguing over who is right and wrong. As for the tatting mentioned in the original post, I have noticed tat/piercing prices coming down in my area and by the same established artists. Guess they have to adapt to the economy too. Hope she is happy with the art; I love all of mine and I am glad I did them. Matter of fact, I am planning a new one....I just need to know your birthday, Turtle :D

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Well, my whole belief system is "Do what is right for you while harming no one else, and don't forget to thank God before bedtime". If the Bible wasn't composed in such a way that it wasn't open for individual interpretation, then there wouldn't be so many religious sects arguing over who is right and wrong. As for the tatting mentioned in the original post, I have noticed tat/piercing prices coming down in my area and by the same established artists. Guess they have to adapt to the economy too. Hope she is happy with the art; I love all of mine and I am glad I did them. Matter of fact, I am planning a new one....I just need to know your birthday, Turtle :D

I rolled the dice. If i made a mistake n wrecked the van n messed my face up he would forgive me. If i got tatted lol well if its a mistake hell forgive me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I rolled the dice. If i made a mistake n wrecked the van n messed my face up he would forgive me. If i got tatted lol well if its a mistake hell forgive me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

:D

zorry

Veteran Expediter
There's a modern day comedian that does a funny routine called "It's the Ten Commandments, not the Ten Suggestions."

A

Anomaly

We are all trapped equally in a world of sin that we may all be judged equally no?