Not a good day at all....

BigCat

Expert Expediter
So I started driving for new company yesterday and all was well until today. On i44 around pacific,mo the bearings in the drive axle where the drive shaft locked up and ripped the drive shaft out. Now I'm at Volvo here in Illinois waiting til they open on Monday. Now the load that should have delivered in San Antonio on Monday won't be there until Tuesday. Just hoping my week gets better. There has been much more going on not related to this company just gotta get worked out. Any way here is the new truck.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByEO Forums1352598055.781874.jpg
    ImageUploadedByEO Forums1352598055.781874.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 79

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The truck might have a few issues come up if it sat for awhile before you started driving it. The truck I'm in ran beautifully for 7 or 8 months requiring no work except PM's. I went home for a little over a week then it was constant issues including the clutch, transmission, EGR valve, and turbo actuator all in a few weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I think it was a result of the leveler valve going bad and putting driveshaft in a bind.

Last edited:

Deville

Not a Member
Sorry to see you going though this. You took this jib to be closer to home & the first week out ur stuck on the road.

It will get better.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
So I started driving for new company yesterday and all was well until today. On i44 around pacific,mo the bearings in the drive axle where the drive shaft locked up and ripped the drive shaft out. Now I'm at Volvo here in Illinois waiting til they open on Monday. Now the load that should have delivered in San Antonio on Monday won't be there until Tuesday. Just hoping my week gets better. There has been much more going on not related to this company just gotta get worked out. Any way here is the new truck.

Jake

You have to look at the positive side brother. It could have been worse, you could have been in an accident. Your a great a great guy, but you seem to bring a lot of negative energy to you. Watch the DVD The Secret on Youtube. Here is the link The Secret DVD FULL - YouTube

zorry

Veteran Expediter
BC, my experience , having had 3 new Volvo's and 1new,one used Pete,is that generally I was much happier with the Volvo dealers than the Pete dealers.
Not quite sure if you lost the rear end or exactly the real problem but getting out in one day may be overly optimistic
Anyway,Good Luck. .

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Jake

You have to look at the positive side brother. It could have been worse, you could have been in an accident. Your a great a great guy, but you seem to bring a lot of negative energy to you. Watch the DVD The Secret on Youtube. Here is the link The Secret DVD FULL - YouTube

I'm staying positive Dave. If I was being negativity to me I was be down all the time. Hoping my week gets better is staying positive. The guys I'm driving for a handling this to my expectations and have even offered me a motel but I declined the offer because I am actually happy to stay in the truck and not rack up more expense.

Zorry don't get me wrong I actually like this truck. Has plenty of power and rides really good. I figure this will take more than a day but as long as the delivery time is handled ill just wait til she's done.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Glad your repairs are going good and on time.
No matter how bad it seems as others said it could be worst. This guy below just pulled into the fuel stop, topped off his tanks and left heading towards the interstate..Not saying this is any worst then your troubles. But Im thinking his troubles just started if he gets on the big road with that.

PB120047.jpg

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Wellgood new from the dealer. Truck should be done in a few hours.

Awesome man, hope it stays good. Rough start to working with the new rig, and hopefully it's the worst that will happen for a while.

Good luck out here.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Awesome man, hope it stays good. Rough start to working with the new rig, and hopefully it's the worst that will happen for a while.

Good luck out here.

Thanks man. I hope the kinks are out and I can run hard and make money. Im dealing with really cool bosses about this and they are top notch guys.