Norpass worth it??

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Our PrePass is working great but we have noticed going through North Carolina that they only use NorPass so our PrePass doesn't work. I think there are other states using NorPass and I'm wondering if we need to get this also. I think it is a one time fee and no monthly charges. If we keep going we'll have a whole windshield of these transponders. Any ideas on NorPass? Thanks!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"You see weird things driving... I've never
understood log trucks, sometimes you'll be out on the highway, you see
two big giant trucks loaded up with logs, and they pass each other on
the highway... I don't understand it. I mean, if they need logs over
there... and they need 'em over there, you'd think a phone call would
save 'em a whole lot of trouble." Brian Regan

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have had NorPass a year now and found for the money it is worth every cent. The pass is very cheap and the price is good for ten years. We do not travel the roads often that use the NorPass but when we do we most often get a green light.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Here is a quote from their FAQ's:

Can I use two different transponders in my truck?
Yes, you can, and many trucks are operating today with more than one transponder. Usually, this works fine. But, you may not need more than one transponder. All weigh station bypass systems (NORPASS, Prepass, Oregon GreenLight, etc.) are using the same type of transponder, so its possible to be in all those systems with one transponder. Plus, you can now do electronic toll collection in the E-ZPass states with the same transponder you use for NORPASS.

So, my question is, could you be charged twice as you go through a prepass site? Wouldn't that be a nightmare!? It is one of those old questions about how does the transponder know when it is his turn to be used.

I think we are going to try this and see how it works but we are a little nervous about the comments on the EZPass charges. Hmmm! ih

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
"You see weird things driving... I've never
understood log trucks, sometimes you'll be out on the highway, you see
two big giant trucks loaded up with logs, and they pass each other on
the highway... I don't understand it. I mean, if they need logs over
there... and they need 'em over there, you'd think a phone call would
save 'em a whole lot of trouble." Brian Regan

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
I had posted a while back about best pass....it is very good and we have in all of our trucks. I think if you look in history you will find contact names and phone numbers...as well as looing on their site.

-Charlotte