No excessive vacations

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's one of the silliest articles I've ever read. It even trumps the crap at Godfather Politics. The article conspicuously & conveniently omits that this POTUS's Budget (including vacations, per diem, lodging, meals, laundry, etc.) is appropriated by the U.S. Congress EACH year, and Obama's vacations, both in number and total cost, pale in comparison to G.W. Bush (R-TX). It's not even close. Bush racked up more costs just in Air Force One flight time alone than Obama has for all of his vacation expenses (including Air Force One, Secret Service, meals and hotels for everyone, etc.).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My expectation is there are likely a dozen or more who could be faulted for travel expenses but none of the others matter when the point is this guy's promise compared to his actions.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My expectation is there are likely a dozen or more who could be faulted for travel expenses but none of the others matter when the point is this guy's promise compared to his actions.
I know you and I disagree on most issues, but do you really think any other President was any better than this one when it comes to keeping promises? I surely don't.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Except he never actually promised to forgo vacations any more than he promised to forgo all his fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, or leisure. In that interview Obama went on to say that "the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do" and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.

When asked by the host if he could imagine himself making that kind of commitment, he said, "Sure."

So he promised to make that sacrifice by setting all that stuff aside, getting all out of his head, and doing the job. It's not like he's out of touch or isn't working when he goes on a vacation. The same people who complain that he takes vacations after promising he wouldn't take vacations should also be wining about him not divorcing his wife and giving up custody of the kids, and about him sleeping. But that would be retarded, wouldn't it. <snort>