Nissan van

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
the most research vehicle in the comapies history and the longest load floor is 10 ft!? Some people in our industry will pay it, but not me.....it needs a minimum of 2 more ft in load floor length ....or at least the option of a longer wheelbase to give that longer load floor...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They'll sell a ton of them. I can't imagine that the expedite industry is even a blip on their radar.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not a friggin chance for an expedite van...

It weighed in at 5900 Lbs empty!

Nissan isn’t required to provide fuel economy figures for its vans because all three models have gross combined weight ratings above 8,500 pounds. Commercial reps on hand said the NV vans will meet or beat the competition, but that remains to be seen. In the NV3500 HD, we averaged 12.1 mpg in mostly city driving conditions, according to the van’s trip computer.

it will not even be close to Sprinter on fuel mileage!!

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
This Nissan thing doesn't do anything for me but you might be interested in an article that I read in <Dieselpowermag.com> pg17.

The Nissan is bringing out a larger edition to compete with the Sprinter. It's supposed to be powered with a new Cummins engine. The March edition. :D

That mag is a paid subscription of $15 and receive it monthly via E-Mail. Good info.::D

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Almost 7k difference in price between Canada and US and our dollar is on par. I'll look for a nice low mileage one in a few months to bring back up here.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most border states have agreements NOT to sell to Canadians...you might have to go to NC or SC to get one...

Mi or NY would not sell to me when I lived up there...some kinda deal with the dealers...

Not true. That's for new vehicles only.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I find it ugly but that's just my opinion. I don't see it as a good expediter due to poor fuel mileage and short box length. I'm sure it will be popular with trades people.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most border states have agreements NOT to sell to Canadians...you might have to go to NC or SC to get one...

Mi or NY would not sell to me when I lived up there...some kinda deal with the dealers...

Not sure, but it may have been due to you being a Canadian citizen living in S.D.

I have Canadian freinds come over into metro Detroit from Windsor to purchase vechiles. The vechiles are then taken back into Canada, where as you would be using it in the U.S.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure, but it may have been due to you being a Canadian citizen living in S.D.

I have Canadian freinds come over into metro Detroit from Windsor to purchase vechiles. The vechiles are then taken back into Canada, where as you would be using it in the U.S.

I have no problem here now...

Scott...you are correct about that...only new ones.....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I think it would be kind of cool looking. An NV Expediter going down the road loaded with 2 pallets and one of those small utility trailers towed behind with his bedroll on it.:D:D