Nissan NV

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I talked to a guy that was running on contracted to Express 1, while he liked the truck, he said its just too short to live out and forget about sleeping in it with 2 skids in it....

But he did say it drove great loaded and didn't lack for power and mileage was in the 16 area....

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
i like it but yes its a pain to sleep in with 2 skids but i'm adv at about 18.5 and i just insulated it so i hope it's warmer

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Give it time, and I'm sure the design engineers at Nissan will tweek it and come out with an extended version of the NV model.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Give it time, and I'm sure the design engineers at Nissan will tweek it and come out with an extended version of the NV model.

They already plan to release an extended one.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
They already plan to release an extended one.

I hope its soon, I can't wait. I've seen a guy with Try Hours who was chilling at our local Wally World in Joliet, IL off I-80 x130. but left him alone figuring he was sleeping.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I hope its soon, I can't wait. I've seen a guy with Try Hours who was chilling at our local Wally World in Joliet, IL off I-80 x130. but left him alone figuring he was sleeping.

If I remember correctly the guys from Nissan that were at the Expo said it is expected this Spring. I would keep an eye out here because I am sure if someone sees one in Canton they would get a picture.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If I remember correctly the guys from Nissan that were at the Expo said it is expected this Spring. I would keep an eye out here because I am sure if someone sees one in Canton they would get a picture.

Yeah I agree. Bet it will be a sharp looking van. Still bummed that Ford is doing away with the Econoline series. They will be missed. I am a firm believer that competition is a good thing and one should have choices available to them. I was talking with a fedex delivery driver tonight and he runs a ford e-series van, and asked him if he ever drove the sprinter and his thoughts....he told me they're much bigger (which is true) and just too much of a pain for maintenance. He said FedEx locals do all their own maintenance they don't take em to MB dealers. He also said they get better fuel mileage being diesel but his own preference was driving the e-150 he had. he also told me that fedex has a big warehouse down in South Carolina close to the Sprinter plant where they're assembled and has has a bunch of new Sprinters there ready to be put on the road. He also said the newer Sprinters are much better than the earlier models.

hey paul, where are ya tonight? anyplace good?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
A couple of pictures I took the other night..it doesn't look bad at all...its just to darn short:

Attachments

• express 1 nissand.jpg
    express 1 nissand.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 29
  • nissan van.jpg
    nissan van.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 31