Nissan NV van

DRIVERDUDE

Seasoned Expediter
Everybody is talking about the new Dodge van and the soon to be Ford Transit. So what is the scoop on the Nissan NV? Are they worth looking at? They look nice inside but how are they on the road?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you do your research on here you will find many comments about them being too short to be truly useful. There was talk of an extended version about 20" longer that was supposed to be out a few months ago. My friends that do custom van work were consulted by Nissan. I don't know what's happened. To be truly useful and logical for expediting they need to add at least 30" to the wheelbase and 40" to the overall length. If you were only ever going to run for Fedex where they only ever consider 2 skid loads for a van it would be a very nice van to live with but I wouldn't consider that now even on a bet.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully Nissan comes out with an extended version. I really like the idea of the engine sitting out further when it comes to working on it or just performing routine maintenance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully Nissan comes out with an extended version. I really like the idea of the engine sitting out further when it comes to working on it or just performing routine maintenance.

Me too. If they do come out with an extended model and it's still single wheel with that high roof I'd seriously consider them. I've also heard a rumor of it getting a 5.0 V8 Diesel engine that's supposed to hella powerful and fuel efficient

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
yep they are short but mine is at 215,000 no problems yet 18 mpg but most the time freight is in the front seat so what difference does it make

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Me too. If they do come out with an extended model and it's still single wheel with that high roof I'd seriously consider them. I've also heard a rumor of it getting a 5.0 V8 Diesel engine that's supposed to hella powerful and fuel efficient

I heard the diesel rumor in 2011 at the Expedite Expo from the guys that were displaying the NV. Of course I heard the extended version rumor then as well.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
yep they are short but mine is at 215,000 no problems yet 18 mpg but most the time freight is in the front seat so what difference does it make

Good to hear that you have a reliable vehicle. How fast do you drive? I would have expected them to be around 15 mpg.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard the diesel rumor in 2011 at the Expedite Expo from the guys that were displaying the NV. Of course I heard the extended version rumor then as well.

The small Cummins is going in the next generation pick up. I'd be surprised to ever see it in the van.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Guys, I'm researching for the next used cargo van. Used price for Hi Roof NV 2500 v6 looks pretty good right now. Promaster or Transit, costwise, is out of the picture.

How about the updates on MPG, maintenance and repairs issues.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have the extended version oversees ... google Nissan NV400. There's a YouTube video as well.

Personally I have no interest in the Transit or Pro Master at this time.

On the other hand, I'd really like to see the NV400 up close ...

Sent from my LG-P999 using EO Forums mobile app

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice looking van. I like the headlights set below the turn signals. Very similar to the last design of Ford's E-series. Well laid out cab, except for it being backwards. Looks like a manual transmission is available also, I like that!

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is this van coming to the states or is it a Mexico/Canada only?
If it smokes the Sprinter in MPG, MB will have a lot of catching up to do and have to go back to the drawing board! The engineers will be like "oh Scheiße"

Last edited: