Ninja Cooker

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Is anyone using a Ninja cooker?

I have been reading about this cooker and it sounds very interesting but I would like to hear from others about this cooker.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is anyone using a Ninja cooker?

I have been reading about this cooker and it sounds very interesting but I would like to hear from others about this cooker.

2597900487_f3911d959e.jpg

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
I have one that I use in the truck. I used it yesterday, in fact, to make Pot Roast. It works super good. There's a few things to consider. It is a little big, but I'm sure you have adequate storage as the Bolt Sleeper cabinets are big. It stays perfectly still on the counter top while going down the road. I've only done this on the slow-cooker function. Very good quality in my opinion.

I've steam baked in it, which worked really well. Only thing, you have to be careful to lift lid to the side a little or the condensation on the lid will spill into your baked goods. I like the Chicken and quinoa recipe that comes with the book. It comes out pretty nice.

Very easy to clean. I usually dump any excess liquid into a paper coffee cup that I can throw away. Then I wipe it with a few paper towels, wipe with a clorox wipe next, and then wipe again with a wet paper towel. I do this in between washes.

Hope this helps!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
butterfly610

How do you keep it from sliding on the counter top? I have always stuck with my rice cooker as it fits down in the sink.

When I was looking on line I saw this spaghetti recipe and I was stumped

Get Healthy With Ninja® Recipes

So you pour the water in - the raw spaghetti in - meat balls in - and the sauce and it comes out ok? Have you tried this?

Also where did you get yours?

Exit99

Rookie Expediter
Yikes! I just went on the website and the sucker is $200...I'll pass for now

Attachments

• shock.png
    shock.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 9

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Exit99 that is one of the best parts of Expediters Online is the ability to ask questions and learn from others what they are using and if it will fit our operation.

Over the years I have done a lot of cooking in the truck and I am perfectly comfortable with my $25.00 rice cooker BUT that Ninja sounds interesting and I believe a little easier to use then the rice cooker.

So with knowledge gained from asking questions I can decide if that would be money wisely spent or if I would not use it. It sounds to me as if Butterfly is comfortable with this product but can I learn how to use it and give up my Rice Cooker? That is something I am not sure of. Once before I tried to give up my rice cooker for a Presto Kettle and I hated the kettle and gave it away.

The price of the Ninja has be a little scared and I know if I buy it that it will have to become my go to product. I also have a convection oven in here that I often forget about and do not use very often. I am really torn over this and will continue to research and ask questions and I appreciate everyone that will share their thoughts.

One of my favorite things about EO is the ability to learn from a lot of people that have more knowledge then me and are willing to share!