NFL 2018-2019

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got caught up on the games.
A Mugging in New Orleans, followed by a great super bowl game...

Oh wait, you mean that wasn't the super bowl? ;)

Reactions: ntimevan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Whatever...

I actually like a Patriots from afar & admire their greatness.
So many teams have cheated over the years, the Patriots just got caught.

This is funny ...
https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/10-year-old-proves-tom-brady-is-a-cheater-wins-science-fair/

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Whatever...

I actually like a Patriots from afar & admire their greatness.
So many teams have cheated over the years, the Patriots just got caught.

This is funny ...
https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/10-year-old-proves-tom-brady-is-a-cheater-wins-science-fair/
Everybody knows he cheated. The question is did it benefit him and the team to cheat by deflating the footballs?

Drive by post ...
I'm assuming you didn't read the kids results o_O
He proved it! lol

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I read it again just so I didn't miss anything. Again, what the kid proved was that Brady could have benefited from the deflation of the footballs. This has also been the contention of former NFL QBs Warren Moon and Troy Aikman. The act of cheating is intentionally skirting the rules of the game.
My previous post that said everyone knows he cheated was based on all the circumstantial evidence that he conspired with his bro, otherwise know as "the deflator," to doctor the football's against NFL rules. Text messages and a video of deflator dude going into a room with a bag of footballs. Brady throws a pick to the Colts defensive back and said player immediately knows the football feels funny. Like someone took a needle to it and drained the air out of it.
That would be cheating.
There's enough evidence that any reasonable person would determine that there was some shenanigans going on with those footballs.
The kid didn't prove he cheated. Proving he cheated would be like having some videotape of Brady's partner in crime deflating the football's in the closet.
Regardless, it's a good story from a kid that hates Brady. Haters gunna hate. :D[/QUOTE]

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I read it again just so I didn't miss anything. Again, what the kid proved was that Brady could have benefited from the deflation of the footballs. This has also been the contention of former NFL QBs Warren Moon and Troy Aikman. The act of cheating is intentionally skirting the rules of the game.
My previous post that said everyone knows he cheated was based on all the circumstantial evidence that he conspired with his bro, otherwise know as "the deflator," to doctor the football's against NFL rules. Text messages and a video of deflator dude going into a room with a bag of footballs. Brady throws a pick to the Colts defensive back and said player immediately knows the football feels funny. Like someone took a needle to it and drained the air out of it.
That would be cheating.
There's enough evidence that any reasonable person would determine that there was some shenanigans going on with those footballs.
The kid didn't prove he cheated. Proving he cheated would be like having some videotape of Brady's partner in crime deflating the football's in the closet.
Regardless, it's a good story from a kid that hates Brady. Haters gunna hate. :D
[/QUOTE]

Few people would have taken my previous post seriously ... but of course you're special.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Watch the Pro Bowl, a very rare occurrence. I usually end up missing it even if I wanted to watch it. But I really lost interest when they were doing that draft type game thing. Besides already being a subpar game at best, the draft picking thing and some of the crazy new rules were too much for me.

That said, I was glad to hear when they did go back to the old NFC VS AFC game format. This years game, although same typical play style, I did find enjoyable for the most part. Especially, whenever someone played above Pro Bowl game level ;)

Reactions: muttly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turkish Airlines appears to be a sponsor of the NFL & The Super Bowl ....
Putting that Venezuelan gold to good use.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not a PAT hater, and could care less about the Rams.
Not overly excited about the game. It could of been a more interesting match up. But it is was it is :rolleyes:
Just hoping for a good game with a PATS win ;)

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like both teams. Don’t care who wins. Just want a good hard fought game. Hopefully it’s not over by halftime. In that case won’t need to watch that controversial halftime show of losers. JMHO.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Majority of football fans apparently are rooting against the Patriots, for various reasons. They wouldn't normally be a Rams' fan, but are for this game.
Looking to see if the Pats can shutdown/ contain the Rams rushing of Gurley and Anderson. And also if the Pats offense can find a way to block Donald and Suh. If so, the Pats should win. But they are big ifs.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As previously mentioned, I admire the Patriot Way .... Kraft, Belichick, Brady .... all of it. Gronk is awesome, might be his last game. Guys come & go, they still keep winning. It's the process. They lost their best wide receiver this year and it doesn't matter .. they're still in the big game.

I think the match-up is compelling. Old vs New .....

Belichick, 66, the grand master vs the new wiz McVay, 33 ....
Brady, 41, 9th time in the Super Bowl .. NINTH! vs the new kid Goff, 24

Come to think of it, I think I've seen this match-up before!
Roy Hobbs vs the Iowa farm boy ....

pitcher.jpg

roy hobbs.jpg

Go Pats!

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have yet to see if Gurley is even healthy! He was a no show in the NFC Championship game. I think the Rams have been playing possum and he's still hurt. I don't expect him to factor into the game ..... we'll see.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why is it former Detroit Lions players and Coaches keep showing up in the Super Bowl, or at least suddenly a desired weapon? IE. Lions cut Eric Ebron, and of course he has a break out season and goes to the Pro Bowl :rolleyes:

hmmm-orlando-espinosa.jpg

Reactions: muttly