newyork,newyork where 2 park

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I have a 7am delivery 2 wall street monday.Where would be a good place 2 park after delilvery?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I would look at Hoboken, NJ and surrounding, they have some truck stops and it isn't too far from Manhattan, barring traffic that is.
AOL Search

alwaysontime

Seasoned Expediter
There is a nice Petro in Bordentown New Jersey. It is almost 80 miles from New York city. It is well worth the drive as they have ample parking for straight trucks and a pretty decent movie thertre room.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
There is a nice Petro in Bordentown New Jersey. It is almost 80 miles from New York city. It is well worth the drive as they have ample parking for straight trucks and a pretty decent movie thertre room.

Dead head 80 miles to park???? Get back!!!!

You may want to consider parking around the Javits if the load count warrants staying on the island.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter

That Petro is a filthy dump,(there,I said it)plus ya got the tolls to cross the river and on the turnpike to get there.Just not worth it no matter how ya look at it.

If you are gonna try and get a load out of NYC after unloading in the a.m. there are plenty of places to tuck into and wait in the city,I wouldn't try and overnight in any of them tho'.

For overnighting in the NYC area try out at JFK airport in the cargo areas.

Last edited:

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
yes the petro is a dump.we are sitting here till 3am b4 going 2 delivery.o yea don't forget the $12.00 parking fee if staying more than 2hrs,or making purchases.I will look at Dakotas newyork truck stop sugestions.comming back here no way to filthy,and expensive!not to mention every jerk off staring at my wife!!!!!!thanks for info!!

60MPH

Expert Expediter
when I usually drop in Manhattan I usually go to linden NJ. The corner of US 1 and park ave "close to where I-278 and I - 95 come together. there is a sam's club and a tgi fridays there and a nice big clean lot. It is about 15 miles from downtown Manhattan. My second hide out is drive down to jamacia "jfk area" just look for a industrial park and park your truck on the side of the road there I drop in springfield gardens alot and sleep on DHL, FEDEX Ground, CEVA's, and UPS's property alot even when I don't drop there. They have never asked me to move. If you are in a van and your company gets alot of freight out of Manhattan or west LI. I would go to Queens and park at the stop and shop at the corner of 25A and 42nd place. this keeps you close to everything and if you are with the FED there is a customer a 1/4 of a mile from that location that ships often.:D

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
depending on size of truck.where you think you might reload,with the nyc tolls,you have to wave all ideas.Ive parked my TT on the west side drive in NYC if I new I was getting reloaded in the city.Most the New Jersey truck stop suck,there are some dinners you can park at