Newbie with questions

G

gregmcclain911

I drove a few years ago but had to leave for family reasons. But things are better and ready to return. However, I only have a chaufeers license and want to know if I have any other options beside a regular cargo van.
If I do, does anyone know where and who I can contact - or if anyone has an opening for someone in my shoes contact me. [email protected] or even call me at 260-740-9442 - ask for Greg. I reside in Fort Wayne, Indiana for your info.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Best bet is gonna be get your class b cdl with air brakes. Even cargo vans require a class c cdl with hazmat. If you go ahead and get the b you will have more options.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Actually, I've noticed that some companies do NOT require a CDL, except for vehicles that automatically require a CDL, which is those with a GVW that is over 26,001 LBS. Best bet is to click some of the carrier links on this site and go to the pre-application. If it doesn't specify there, you can look up that info on their own website.

Usually a carrier that doesn't require a CDL for non CDL vehicles are the same carriers that do not haul HAZMAT.

According to websites and articles on EO, here are a few who do not require a CDL when the DOT does not:

--Express Way
--Transtewart
--On-Time Express
(no CDL for Cargo or cube van if below DOT regs)
--DTH
--Bolt Express
(not for cargo vans)

Jeff

Drive Safe!

late for dinner

Expert Expediter
I read somewhere where FedEx Custom Critical now has a program that matches drivers up with owners. It sounded very good on paper, but if it works it would be a great thing. How about it Terry or some other FECC people? I think it was in the latest On Times.