Newbie van

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Vans are a tight profit for any owner just get a contract and watch your settlements make sure you match up bills vs what they pay.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are a ton of variables but on percentage split alone that's above average.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The most common is 60/40 with the 60 side getting 100% fsc and paying fuel. If you've been offered 65% plus fsc that's better than the most common split. If we're talking one of the 70cpm carriers it's not a lot but every little bit helps and it is enough to buy 3-4 extra gallons of fuel every 500 loaded miles.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
As an owner, I will not pay fuel because the drivers have to have skin in the game or most all will waste fuel. In my opinion, a driver should get a high of 65% if the vehicle gets really poor fuel milage to a low of 58% for a new $printer or Promaster because the fuel costs are lower while the owner investment is higher. That's what we do...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Grammar police enforcement stop.

Where do I sign up ?

Team with an English teacher and you'll hear it twenty times a day. ! :eek:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'll be on the couch if I keep talking like that.

I think she should be happy that I speak English.

Nooooo ! She's trying to get me to speak proper English. :(

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
There maybe threads out there on this not seeing them will put the old question here for newbies to see the answers.

How about a logical aspect

3/4 or 1 ton
Extended or not

Me I'm 1 ton extended for expediting, but after seeing a lot of 3/4 tons out there got thinking. Do I really need a 1 ton. That could save me $3000 to $5000 on a van going with 3/4. But would that cut me on some loads? I think to much.