New york city

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Ok I went crazy and took my first load ever into ny city!My question is are there anywhere to park im delivering in the morning off of east 58th st zip 10155.Im thinking get about (30 miles out and shut it down till about 5=6 in the morning then surely I can make 30 miles in a couple hrs I have till 9.But if there is anything closer it might be better im thinking th route is towards Lincoln tunnel so if anyone knows safe place chime in!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Your best bet is to go through the tunnel before 6AM, because it's cheaper. Then find where you are delivering to, and if there is an alley behind the address (almost certain is), then that's where you'll likely deliver to, and it's where you should go and try to park until they open. That's what I would do if I wasn't familiar with driving around Manhattan during the morning rush hour, because there is no room for mistakes between 6-10AM. And there are several streets there where you can't make any turns at all until after 10AM, so you could be one block away and have to go 12 blocks,12 blocks and then 11 blocks to get back to the alley you need to go to. Being three minutes away can turn into an hour or two.

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I'm in a st8 I go into manhatten all the time, I usually park in see caucus at Wally World, very large lot, and head into the big apple around 6 am , less than 10 min total drive time in then, then I get the heck out fast , lots of freight in jersey so it's never been a question of hanging out.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was willing but as soon as I told them my NYC rate was $10/mi all miles they hung up.

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for replys lve done screwed up and messed my wal mart exit but im 7miles away right before the Lincoln tunnel at a wendys its say open to 3 so maybe they want kick me out

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Park at the Alexander Hamilton travel plaza on The NJ turnpike, Seacaucus - no worries about getting kicked out. Hole in the fence by the maintenance Garage near the exit road, walk up the road - turn left to Ledgends Diner.