New twist to steak

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I came up with this idea while making steak and eggs for lunch. I like my eggs fried in bacon grease; and was nearly done with them when I started to reheat my steak in the nuker. Then I thought, why not heat them in the pan? Glad I did!!!

Make your steak however you want (I rub Worchester sauce, Morton's seasoning, granulated garlic, and Montreal steak seasoning into both sides). Cook it to your taste. Then get some bacon grease hot in a frying pan. Sear both sides of the steak in the grease.

It makes for a nice crispy coating, without changing how the steak is done. IMO, London Pub Steak and Chop sauce really brings out the flavor of the steak. In this case, the flavor explodes with the sauce and bacon grease combined! A1 just won't cut it in this case. My daughter, who's 6, did the Mmm w/ the eye roll; and ended up eating half of my steak, along with hers. LOL

I'm thinking about cooking my next ribeye or prime rib this way, Chicago style (thanx Layout).

I won't say anything about it being a heart attack waiting to happen. :D

Last edited:

wellarmed

Not a Member
We raise our own beef, call me old fashion,but 30 days or more on straight corn and a dirt lot will marbialize the meat, and then age it, cook it and enjoy. You won't find that in a super market.

My Grandmother kept her bacon grease on the back of her wood burning stove in a coffee can, she used it for breakfast gravy,fried chichen and any thing else she seen fit, she lived to the ripe old age of 86 and she didn't die of hart disease, she was called home do to her fine cooking.:)