New trial Pay Rate @ Panther

babs3361

Expert Expediter
I have a few questions. I know that there are some T/T trying the new pay rate at Panther. From my understanding it is 1.30 for loaded and DH miles not including empty move miles. Also they are paying a FSC on the loaded miles only. Our cost of fuel would be 1.20 based on 6 MPG. Is there anyone doing this now, I would like to know how it is going for you.

I also would like to ask those of you that are on a percentage at other companies how is it going for you. Are the rates being cut so that you are not doing well.

I have mixed feelings about trying this. I know that I would no longer have to worry so much about the amount of DH which would make those really bad load offers with as many DH miles as loaded miles look more appealing. That would open the door for accepting more loads because I wouldn't care about the DH miles as much and within reason. With the current freight slow down and the major increase in fuel and cost it is getting harder and harder to make it as a O/O. I think this year is going to be worse than last. Hang on we are in for a bumpy ride.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Dear Baeb I am agree 100% with you . This year will be the wors that last for sure...........I don't like the money from the Panther......Thay don't pay FS on empt mil and this is not good, Thay don't have a good loads and with a TT we make only nothning for a month. Thay laying in the oriation that thaydon't have load under $2.00 with a FS and we have offer a around $1.50 -60 for expedidet this is notnhing . Thay a re forst dispatche - 100% forst dispatch ........... I tallk today with differnat other expediting company thay pay and empt mil FS whiche is a better a way........... Some of them don't charge you for a plates amd ex.......... But this is for sure this years will be the worst scenario........... God help us the truckers and rest of the people who sufering from this oil price. God Luck Barb and kept in touch if you find somthing good tell me and the same from me if I find somthing I will up date you ........We have to stay together and help each other, the company have a big profit from us, very big belived or not.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Barb,
I talked with Jeff and Adam about this and it's being tested on just a couple of trucks to see how it works out. I am running a mirror program myself using what Panther is paying me on a per load and running another database using that program to see which way works best over time. I will update Jeff and Adam weekly on which program works better. But for now I am staying with my current contract.