NEW TO THE BUSSINESS

BIGDOG_88

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Not really new havent even started would like to know how to get a truck with little or no money down dont really have good credit want to make a better life for my wife and family.

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think the best advice I could give someone who is new to expediting, is DRIVE FOR SOMEONE ELSE FIRST. Expediting is not for everyone. Many people have made the mistake of going out and purchasing a truck, only to find out that they want to be home more often, or the revenue is below expectations. The worst part comes when trying to sell a truck. The tractor market is completely flooded with units from lease returns, and the straight truck sleeper market mas no purpose other than expediting. If your dead set on becoming an O/O in expediting, go with a cargo van, where there will be a minimal investment and the van can also be used as a family car in case things dont work out.
Given the time of year, the weather, strong competition, and current revenues, now is not the time to jump into a truck.
I dont own a unit that needs a driver, so I have no hidden adgenda in advising you to drive for someone first. I've seen too many people jump in, only to find out that they're stuck.
If you have any questions , feel free to ask. Good luck.

Sierra

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bret did give very good advice, drive for someone befor you invest in a truck, you may find that with a family this may not be the life you want. Any over the road proffession is a life not just a job. Everything you do in your job effects your life, all things must be in order at home for this to work for you. Good luck.