New to expediting

Youngguns12

Active Expediter
Hi I turn 21 next year and was wanting if any one knew of and straight truck or sprinter/cargo van people that would hire me?

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Join the armed forces. Get a job, experience and college money . Then see what happens.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Young: while you wait for the magic birthday, spend some time reading the Newbies FAQ at the top of the forum - losts of stuff there you should know.
First, that no carrier will 'hire' you, because expediting is populated by owner/operators, fleet owners, and drivers for fleet owners, none of which are employees.
If you have no van/Sprinter of your own, you'd be looking for a fleet owner to drive for. If you do own the van/Sprinter, you're looking at becoming self employed, and it's a whole new world of responsibilities, so the more you learn before jumping in, the better your chances of survival in a tough business.
I left the straight truck out, assuming you won't own one, nor be experienced in driving - but if that's incorrect, feel free to elaborate.
Also, attending an EO [free] seminar
[listed on the home page] is highly adviseable, if you can.
Or, you could join the Armed Forces - your call, lol.
;)

Youngguns12

Active Expediter
Thanks for the info. I've been around expediting before mine dad did it for two years and he enjoyed it and I've thought about going to the armed forces for transport but I have a mechanic job right now but don't wanna jump into hauling liquid as a rookie