New Sprinter scan tool

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, saved me the time to find it again...had some experience with the Autel Maxidas DS708 today, it indeed communicates with the 2005 canbus/eobd2 interface and clears all codes...would not fix my trans issue (problem exists immediately on turning key) but I tested shifter functions in real time and watched as the internal speed sensors zeroed out when selecting drive...process of elimination now, harness/connector or control board/solenoids...I think I want both scan tools!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tool is excellent. Able to read general emissions (egr) as well as specific MB modules.

Warning: not user friendly, most advanced functions like communicating with TCM are found thru selecting a different mercedes SUV not available under the sprinter setting.

It was able to clear a HZR module code allowing the Espar to fire up and give information for all dashboard controls, switches, temperature etc. Also air conditioning voltages pressures and electrical

Did not verify TCM limp mode reset, as I already cleared it with a previous tool, but it is nearly identical menu wise and does communicate with TCM. I can even monitor transmission temperature and level, engine oil too.

Definitely worth the less than 200 if you have a sprinter. Climate control troubleshooting and ac is a great bonus to me as well as the TCM and CDI modules . . . a great write up is on the previously mentioned sprinter - source link

Only downside, to me, is lack of ability to program parameters or reset adaptives. Haven't found the right setting yet for ABS detailed module info but speed sensors are reported.

Another great option for those who think they need even more is the Autel Maxidas DS708, does most vehicles as well as Sprinters but 800 dollars more . . . i borrowed one to reset TCM before receiving this

Small enough to keep in sprinter, large truck gps size

iCarsoft MBII available at a discount, if you're a sprinter-source member, read carefully to receive it!

(If you've bought Guide for T1N & NCV3 Owners: iCarSoft MB II Diagnostic Tool - Sprinter-Forum)

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I unlocked the 05's tranny with this. It works! It's an affordable tool. Matt the owner's customer service Rules.. EBay

Reactions: brokcanadian

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Your post lead me to this scanner, thanks, I was waiting for a friend's El premo III.. Ordered it and talked to Matt. TCM unlocked!

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Did you have to do a key cycle? I had to reset then turn key off, twice...

I didn't need the key recycle, I had moved out of town and couldn't wait to get it started and moved. Went right to sprinter/ transmission/ TCM cleared codes, put it in drive and slapped it into 4321 yeah! Matt needs advertising, it's a must have on high mileage tranny's PERIOD

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad it worked! In my case after replacing the control board it was a little trickier, needed a couple resets to get out of second...

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Glad it worked! In my case after replacing the control board it was a little trickier, needed a couple resets to get out of second...

Mine had slipped into neutral for the third time. I cleaned my new control board twice. When I went to start up, that's when it went into lock mode, Darmn, Truck is parked, no way loading frt. UNTIL transmission is replaced!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have this tool, do the Internet update. Many new screens and Sprinter modules covered, and it goes alongside the old software so no functionality is lost. (I used the newer tool updater for MB II)

I was able to see all the climate control sensors, my temp on the highway with windows down was 88 degrees in the cab...0 pressure in the a/c I know what that is...

Reactions: Treadmill