New Hours of Service.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Sorry for the delayed response . I don't get online while on the road . You can find PATT's site at patt.org. The wreck that was the cause of the formation of this group involved a WalMart driver that went shopping all day with his wife then fell asleep after going on duty and driving all night . His logs were legal and nothing any regulation can do will change these situations . I've read that the original founders of PATT , who actually did have drivers' safety as their goal are no longer associated with PATT and it has become more anti-trucker .
You can find Public Citizen at www.citizen.org. For those of you not familiar with Joan Claybrook , she is probably responsible for more highway fatalities than any other individual . While she was Secretary of Transportation she made the airbag mandantory with its poor engineering that ignored its impact on women and children . The death toll wqould be much higher if the Feds hadn't allowed a disabling switch for passenger side airbags . That still does nothing to protect female drivers . Claybrook was also an outspoken critic against the "No Zone " campaigns which have been very effective in helping motorists share the road safely with truckers .

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
In response to message #13

"Have any of these
people driven a truck?"
Obviously not.

You are so correct. Too many times government gets involved where they have no experience about a given industry.

Davekc

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Please read our story on this issue:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/artman/publish/Hours_of_Service_Expediting.html

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Sacred cows make the best burgers

"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets replaced

You can't tell a book by its movie