New gun still not in !!!!

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
ordered a DPMS Panther Arms LR308-B on november 13th and it still isnt in....I guess Hussein has scared the people who want to own an AR style rifle...looking at another few months probably...I shoulda ordered about 10 of them and resold them..I paid $999.00 plus tax....If you want one right now there costing 1700-1800 On the internet...

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
massive orders..there runnung 3 shifts around the clock...also they are making the remington R-25..and the lower units of the Tac-15 crossbow is dpms....well at least we have one business in the USA thriving...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did you ever look at the Rock River Arms pieces with the Wylde chamber? I have a real interest in those. Layoutshooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I have had a DPMS LR-308 for a couple of years, nice shooting gun. Every gun shop I know of are backordered on all brands of AR-15 style guns. The demand has been high for them because of the dumbacrats getting in office. .223 and .308 ammo can be hard to come by at times. I'm a wholesaler and I am finding it hard to get .223 ammo in 75 and 77 grain.

Rock River guns are over priced. I have a friend who has one and my DPMS and Bushmaster .223's will out shoot his Rock River every time we go to the range.

If any of you are interested I sell rifle scopes. I can give you a good deal on Sightmark tactical and target scopes as well as hunting scopes. Send me a PM for details. I also sell all types of knives.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have heard that about the Rock River. I was interested because of the chamber being able to handle both 5.56mm military stuff as well as .223. I might be looking for a scope soon. I will be in touch. Only thing holding me back is money. HEY!! Maybe I can get a grant from Obama for all my firearms needs!! YEAH, that just might work!!! Layoutshooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I have heard that about the Rock River. I was interested because of the chamber being able to handle both 5.56mm military stuff as well as .223. I might be looking for a scope soon. I will be in touch. Only thing holding me back is money. HEY!! Maybe I can get a grant from Obama for all my firearms needs!! YEAH, that just might work!!! Layoutshooter

Both the DPMS and Bushmaster can handle both the 5.56x45 NATO round as well as the commercial .223. My friends Rock River won't handle the Wolf .223 because of the steel case with the lacquered coating, my DPMS and Bushmaster will.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was not aware of that. I was under the impression that only a Wylde chamber could handle both rounds and I could only find that chamber on the Rock River stuff. You learned me sumthin' today!! :D A there special models that handle both or was I wrong on the other chamber? layoutshoooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I was not aware of that. I was under the impression that only a Wylde chamber could handle both rounds and I could only find that chamber on the Rock River stuff. You learned me sumthin' today!! :D A there special models that handle both or was I wrong on the other chamber? layoutshoooter

Most of the AR style guns can handle both rounds. look on the barrel or the upper receiver, if it says .223 don't use the 5.56 because of the additional gas pressure of the military round, if it says 5.56 your all set. Sometimes it has the information on the lower receiver by the magazine hole.

I wrote DPMS and asked them about the LR-308 because it says .308 on the barrel. I was told the LR-308 can handle the 7.62x51 NATO round.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, you understand this better than I, I thought that the .223 was shorter overall and did not always chamber well in the longer 5.56 chamber. I know the 5.56 can handle the lower pressure but was un-sure about the length of the round. Am i correct? Layoutshooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Ok, you understand this better than I, I thought that the .223 was shorter overall and did not always chamber well in the longer 5.56 chamber. I know the 5.56 can handle the lower pressure but was un-sure about the length of the round. Am i correct? Layoutshooter

The .223 and the 5.56x45 are the same size round. The 5.56 NATO uses a special military powder that creates more gas pressure in the chamber. If the gun is chambered for the .223 the chamber might not be be able to handle the increased gas pressure. That's why you need to be sure the gun is stamped 5.56 cal. If it is stamped .223 DO NOT USE 5.56 rounds. Sometimes the gun will be stamped 5.56/.223 you should be ok if stamped this way. If in doubt always contact the gun maker. Hope I have helped you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks, I knew the caliber was the same I was just not sure on the overall length. That clears that up. Layoutshooter

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
ordered a DPMS Panther Arms LR308-B on november 13th and it still isnt in....I guess Hussein has scared the people who want to own an AR style rifle...looking at another few months probably...I shoulda ordered about 10 of them and resold them..I paid $999.00 plus tax....If you want one right now there costing 1700-1800 On the internet...

Some guy named Barry stopped in. Said he was picking it up for you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What a picture that makes, Barry and Hillary finally understanding the 2nd amendment and then buying a gun for a citizen. WOW!! I don't think I could drink enough Jack 'n Coke to picture that!! Layoutshooter