New FedEx Van Rate

aileron

Expert Expediter
Man, I cannot wait to see the new rate in place. The last 3 loads I was offered were a lot, and I mean a lot less than .85 a mile + fuel surcharge.

backroads

Seasoned Expediter
:mad: ... So yesterday I was offered runs that paid $.66, $.76, and $.61 per mile out of the Elk Grove Village express center. My reputation is going down the drain because of cheap freight offers. The new contract rate is starting to sound really good to me.

JoeyandJudy

Expert Expediter
I had two van load offers today at .65 cpm loaded out of Dallas express center. My last load offer for the day was out of the Little Rock express center paying about .77 cpm for all miles but another van out of the Memphis express center got the load. Hopefully Friday will be better.

Joey

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Sounds like January the vans will be getting a raise. I hope the pay gets better and you start getting a lot more offers as FCC becomes more competitive.

bluemillion

Seasoned Expediter
Aileron I'm going to change the subject so that we both can feel better. I noticed that you have an RC Plane as your avitar. I too am into the hobby. I have a Great Planes Giant Super Sportster, Hanger 9 Sundowner 50, Seagull Models Extra 300 EP, A Custom Edago Pylon Racer about 30% built, And I just got a Great Planes Venus 40 for Christmas. It's going to be a great summer next year!

aileron

Expert Expediter
@ Team: It sure looks like we will get a raise

@ bluemillion: Yes, I fly RC airplanes, this is the way I forget about work, fedex, problems. When flying, it is just me, the plane and the sky, nothig else matters. I have a few glow planes (for anyone else reding this, this is a plane powered by an engine that runs on glow fuel - mixture of methanol, nitromethane and oil) but haven't flown any of them in a year or so. Now I fly all electric, no mess to clean up after flight. I got a Multiplex Easy Star, Hobby Lobby Yak, E-Flight Mini Ultra Stick, GWS Formosa, and I am currently building a Hobby Lobby Executive Jet and a Hobby Lobby Free Bird. And in my avatar is my latest aquisition, Reaction 54 turbine jet. Got it at a good deal ready to fly minus receiver.

bluemillion

Seasoned Expediter
Man I want a turbine so bad but they are just too expensive for me. I am amazed at how those things sound in the sky. I have my eye on the L-39 by OK Models they have it on Advantage Hobby for 299.00 with the motor and fan. That's about as close to a turbine as I'm going to get I think. My CC told me that FECC is going to start aggressivily underbidding other companies in 2009 so I really hope that works out.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Do not forget if you do not sign the lease you will no longer receives after the cutoff date.

So if you do not sign you affectively need to pull you QC send that is along with all of your extra paperwork and also remove yours signs from the Van.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Do not forget if you do not sign the lease you will no longer receives after the cutoff date.

So if you do not sign you affectively need to pull you QC send that is along with all of your extra paperwork and also remove yours signs from the Van.
Sent mine in a few weeks ago, never got back the one that they are suppose to sign. Hope all is well.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I checked the Panther board and I saw mention of them getting .70/mi. The Panther advantage is that they can haul up to 900 miles. If Fedex would let us haul 900 miles the .85 wouldn't hurt as much. I'm one the B units that doesn't layover all the time especially in Cin, Col, Tol, Dearborn, anywhere there's a concentraction of centers. You could be sitting there for days with <75 coming in, and B units getting dispatched on a load in that area that is offered the day before. There's a good number of regular customers that call in their order days ahead of time, and its dispatched late in the afternoon the day before. So there's plenty of time for dispatch to offer trucks 150mi or more from the pick up. So just because your willing to layover doesn't mean you have more income potential if your sitting days for an offer in an area chuck full of trucks within 150 miles of you.