New Driver or trying to b.

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
Where do I start! I'm trying to become a new driver but I am having a very hard time getting financed. I have two job offers and I need a new van but I'm having trouble getting it.. For the last ten years I've been sitting here at home on disability now I'm on Social Security and I don't like it because, I lost my insurance and now I need to go back to work.
So what I'm asking now is there any dealership out there in this big wide country they can give a guy a break and finance him for a good used one of 2012 or 2013 brand new 14 or 15 that's been on the lot for awhile and needs to b on the road. That's has a few insentives and 0 down payment or anything that can help a guy get started out in a new way of life. Thanks Duwayne.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
Where do I start! I'm trying to become a new driver but I am having a very hard time getting financed. I have two job offers and I need a new van but I'm having trouble getting it.. For the last ten years I've been sitting here at home on disability now I'm on Social Security and I don't like it because, I lost my insurance and now I need to go back to work.
So what I'm asking now is there any dealership out there in this big wide country they can give a guy a break and finance him for a good used one of 2012 or 2013 brand new 14 or 15 that's been on the lot for awhile and needs to b on the road. That's has a few insentives and 0 down payment or anything that can help a guy get started out in a new way of life. Thanks Duwayne.

Go and drive for an owner. You dont have to have your own van.How do you want to buy a truck and run it if you have zero money?

Polish_Drive

Rookie Expediter
Go and drive for an owner. You dont have to have your own van.How do you want to buy a truck and run it if you have zero money?

I do agree with Zoli.

Duwayne, even if you would have money for a vehicle, think about other expenses. Insurance is not cheap for expeditors. What about money for fuel? Its gonna be a while be for your first paycheck.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Did you also want to know about a company that pays vans $2/mile plus a fuel surcharge along with the dealership that will give you a brand new van with no money down?

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
That's true! I thank you all for the advice. I was hoping that my wife would have the escrow by the time I would start running.

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
That's one ? I forgot to ask. Does the company give any kind of advanced on the load for expenses?

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
I was just reading about Barlow trucking and their truck lease. You can lease one of their trucks with O down.

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
I'm still hoping that someone out there is kind enough to give a guy a chance to show what he can do with a new beginning, at a old age , young at heart and a second time buyer and a first time marriage. Yes at my age, that just got married January 1st 2015.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Duwayne, there's plenty of dealers who would love to give you a chance to show what you can do: with no money down, just 800%APR for 17 years, no problem. :rolleyes:

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
If u know a dealer that want take me to the cleaners. Let me know. Does anybody know anything about Neely Coble in Nashville.

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
Ragman the last time was I think was 11 or 13%. I was just guessing because of a little bad credit. Seeing what just pops up, trying to get all the info I can get. If I can get payments less then $900.00 month might just b alright. Thanks Duwayne

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drive for an owner, find out if you like living in a closet and can handle sitting in one waiting on your next load.

duwayne86

Seasoned Expediter
What do you think in live in now? With a wife that's not even here yet. Why is it when u move in to a new place you have nothing. Plenty of room, but after a few years you can't even place another thing inside. Lived in a sleeper for 15 years and a day cab just as long. Haha! Thanks Duwayne