New DOT physical qualifications start May 21st

Dr Phil

Rookie Expediter
Oh..I am not the kind of Doctor that can write prescriptions. .but yes a PhD none the less. .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have had 2 stents inserted...according to the guidelines I am eligible, it is recommended that I get a stress test....EVERY year.....BUT that option is up to my Doctor depending on my overall wellness with my quit smoking and weight loss....at this moment after the last testing he leaning towards NO stress test....

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
What has caused all this DOT new physical requirements ? Most of you guys are in great shape. You can easily do 10 push ups in 30 minutes, 5 pull ups in 20 minutes, and walk one mile at a fast pace in 30 minutes, so whats the beef...If you cant do the simple playground gym equipment that kids do at a park, should you really be out here................aint life great...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh..I am not the kind of Doctor that can write prescriptions. .but yes a PhD none the less. .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Nice to have the mixes of all professions in expediting community. I'm still waiting for a politician from the govmit to joint us. Welcome Dr Phil.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What has caused all this DOT new physical requirements ? Most of you guys are in great shape. You can easily do 10 push ups in 30 minutes, 5 pull ups in 20 minutes, and walk one mile at a fast pace in 30 minutes, so whats the beef...If you cant do the simple playground gym equipment that kids do at a park, should you really be out here................aint life great...

Do kids even play outside anymore? I mean, we have to have public service spots calling for kids to play an hour a day. We have to be FORCED to come in when the street lights came on.

Push ups? Nope, not with these shoulders. Pull ups? Same deal. Knees are gone. None of the has any bearing on my driving.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
So, how do expediters stay in shape? You cannot stay in shape driving 14 hours a day, eating 3 meals, sleeping 8 and do it again day after day,,,you will lock up and eventually have health problems.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So, how do expediters stay in shape? You cannot stay in shape driving 14 hours a day, eating 3 meals, sleeping 8 and do it again day after day,,,you will lock up and eventually have health problems.

I dream about exercising. Works well.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

That's hardly an expediter's schedule. Closer to regular long-haul, but even most of them aren't doing that. There's not enough freight out there now to run like that, but expedite has never been like that.
More like sit for a couple days, napping frequently to stay rested, then running like a bat out of Hell for 10-20 hours, then sleeping, then sitting for 1-3 days again.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's hardly an expediter's schedule. Closer to regular long-haul, but even most of them aren't doing that. There's not enough freight out there now to run like that, but expedite has never been like that.
More like sit for a couple days, napping frequently to stay rested, then running like a bat out of Hell for 10-20 hours, then sleeping, then sitting for 1-3 days again.

Then how come we run out of hours 4 or 5 times a year? :confused: Even last week, which was slow, I put in over 40 hours.

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Skyraider I thought u were an expediter, I cant speak for the rest of these out here but I don't eat 3 squares a day. If I did I would look like the Majority of the Basket Ball Bellied Expediters out here. Yes Sir I am 50 and I can run 7 miles still under 47min and right before I run I can still do 100 pushups in 2 min and 150 sit ups in 2 min. along with 30 pull ups (Chin Ups). I am in Shape. Much better shape than those well dressed Suits at the Companies that the ladies all fall over and get all google Eyed about, That go to their indoor gym and play racket ball and then hit the sauna . I'm Still HALO Ready....................................................................................