Never Let A Crisis Go To Waste

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The title of this thread is paraphrased from a quote of Rahm Emanual, Barack Hussein Obama's chief of staff. Keep that thought in mind as you read this excellent article from Charles Krauthammer. A couple of exerpts:

"Catastrophe, mind you. So much for the president who in his inaugural address two weeks earlier declared "we have chosen hope over fear." Until, that is, you need fear to pass a bill..."

"...It's not just pages and pages of special-interest tax breaks, giveaways and protections, one of which would set off a ruinous Smoot-Hawley trade war. It's not just the waste, such as the $88.6 million for new construction for Milwaukee Public Schools, which, reports the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, have shrinking enrollment, 15 vacant schools and, quite logically, no plans for new construction."

washingtonpost.com

Here we have the most unqualified and most liberal presidential candidate in the history of the country now occupying the Oval Office. Should it be any surprise that he turns over the crafting of this immensely important piece of legislation to Nancy Pelosi???

That being said, it should come as no surprise that we have this monument to tax-and-spend liberalism as his first effort out of the gate. For those of us who remember the Jimmy Carter years, we know what to expect. For the young adults like my kids that are in their early 30's, I hope that for once they'll listen to my lectures about living within their means. If this bill passes (which it will), they'll also get to find out what it was like to live in the mid-70s and early 80's minus the god-awful polyester clothing styles and disco music.

Last edited:

Jayman

Expert Expediter
If this bill passes (which it will), they'll also get to find out what it was like to live in the mid-70s and early 80's minus the god-awful polyester clothing styles and disco music.
You didnt like "Stayin Alive"? LOL

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Disco music, platform shoes, leisure suits and permed hair. The 70's were good party days. I liked the 60's better though.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yea, and double digit inflation coming to you soon!!! I remeber the first house I bought. 1981. The nation still in the grips of J.C.'s malaise. The Reagan tax cuts had yet to take hold. I got a VA loan, which was 1/2 point LOWER than the conventional mortgage at that time. Want to know what my great rate was? 16 1/2%!!! Yea, bring it all back Obama. Just wait until these massive government take overs and give aways hit the economy. You aint' seen nothin' yet!!! Layoutshooter

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It's amazing to me that no-one even brings up the fact all this PORTCULUS the koolaide drinkers voted FOR WILL take effect years ahead.. 2006 pelousy-reik bruoght down the oil market thru 'THEIR NO DRILL"les.. and db barney said Fannie Mae was "just fine"..which now has brought down the financial markets today-- ALL to get the left back in POWERl!! NOTHING SAID!! The fox now controls the hen house!! These people are destroying OUR NATION for their personal power-- hello pelousy -- SHE WROTE IT!! THE PRESS CONTROLS THE IGNORANT!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's all those body piercings, makes it easy to tie a chain and lead people around. You putzs asked for this and you got it!! Thanks for the scuz. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gee, I must have did the 60's wrong, I remember them well. Then again, I did not want to go into politic, the entertainment field or pro sports so I had to be straight and sober. Layoutshooter