Need your advice on Used Cargo Van?

M

martina12

Hi,

I have a small business and don't have amount to buy new cargo van but i am looking used cargo van within affordable price.

Can you suggest some which model would be best and where i could get it at reasonable price?

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
Hi,

I have a small business and don't have amount to buy new cargo van but i am looking used cargo van within affordable price.

Can you suggest some which model would be best and where i could get it at reasonable price?
wow, a wide open question...it all depends on what you are hauling, how many miles, your budget, etc...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok Martina, you can search on EO classified page on this site.

Or, do the internet search on sites similar to the below link:
http://www.valuecargovans.com/

Or, punch in "cargo van," in Craig's List search box, in your city.

Hope this help.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I may be faced with a similar thing, as it happens. The Grey Lady is showing its years and mileage. Still runs, but leaks a bit of oil and I'm reasonably certain is beginning to lose power. Hey-- it's a '98 Chevy with 562,000 miles on it so maybe I do need to think about replacement.

Bad part is that I finally have the old van working halfway right, so replacement isn't as easy as it looks-- especially since the "new" van will be old and already have lots of miles on it. (If I could afford to replace with new this would be a slam-dunk.)

I'm inclined to stay with "North American Slop Bucket" vans because my experience with the Sprinter left something to be desired and because the newer Sprinter-type vehicles don't impress me a lot either. Don't know for sure about the Transit, but the Promaster scares me with what I've been hearing about it.

Dave Sullivan

Seasoned Expediter
I may be faced with a similar thing, as it happens. The Grey Lady is showing its years and mileage. Still runs, but leaks a bit of oil and I'm reasonably certain is beginning to lose power. Hey-- it's a '98 Chevy with 562,000 miles on it so maybe I do need to think about replacement.

Bad part is that I finally have the old van working halfway right, so replacement isn't as easy as it looks-- especially since the "new" van will be old and already have lots of miles on it. (If I could afford to replace with new this would be a slam-dunk.)

I'm inclined to stay with "North American Slop Bucket" vans because my experience with the Sprinter left something to be desired and because the newer Sprinter-type vehicles don't impress me a lot either. Don't know for sure about the Transit, but the Promaster scares me with what I've been hearing about it.
Stay away from Penske/net loan one of my drivers almost got sucked into a ' LEASE ' with them but backed out at the last second after he figured out the price of the van doubled if he ran it to term.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Hi,

for 10K you can buy a good Chevy Express or a Ford Econoline

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
check out free want ads on eo they may have a van you want listed

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I bought a used 2005 Ford E 350 a few years ago for around ten thousand. About 100,000 miles.
Low payments. Durable vehicle.