Need Vacuum Advise

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Was tempted to put this in Women's View:rolleyes:

We have A Newfoundland, Great Pyrenees, Australian Cattle Dog and two cats. Which equals tons of pet hair.
On average our vacuums last about a year or two before they wear out, mostly buying cheaper Royal Dirt Devils, although I did buy a nice Sears direct drive model that lasted two years. That vacuum set me back 350 bucks

Anyone have experience with the Dyson? Are they worth the extra cost or just hype? I hear they have a 5 year warranty.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Aerus-Electrolux, they cannot be bought in stores. You can but one on the internet or from a local dealer. I used to sell them they are bullet proof and will remove the pet hair. But you're looking at spending around 900 bucks. Kirbys are bullet proof too and will do the job but I think the Aerus-Electrolux is more user friendly.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes. We've had ours for 6 yrs and its great. We vacuum both the cat and dog (they just lie there. They love it lol) and it hasn't lost a bit of power over that time. And of course no bags. Never replaced a thing on it either.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Was tempted to put this in Women's View:rolleyes:

We have A Newfoundland, Great Pyrenees, Australian Cattle Dog and two cats. Which equals tons of pet hair.
On average our vacuums last about a year or two before they wear out, mostly buying cheaper Royal Dirt Devils, although I did buy a nice Sears direct drive model that lasted two years. That vacuum set me back 350 bucks

Anyone have experience with the Dyson? Are they worth the extra cost or just hype? I hear they have a 5 year warranty.

Oooh I am so glad you didn't put this in womans view LOL :p

The Dyson Rules in my opinion :)

trk24

Active Expediter
I have had dyson vacs. Great for pet hair( I have 2 dogs, a cat). Parts come apart to clean very easily. I have the animal model with a nice filter that is washable.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aerus-Electrolux, they cannot be bought in stores. You can but one on the internet or from a local dealer. I used to sell them they are bullet proof and will remove the pet hair. But you're looking at spending around 900 bucks. Kirbys are bullet proof too and will do the job but I think the Aerus-Electrolux is more user friendly.

Sometimes you can find used ones on ebay or craigslist. The way they last a used one at the right price can be a good investment.

Or you could have a pet shaving party.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

$900 bucks:eek:
hopefully it isn't made of plastic
remember the old metal Royal's they were built like tanks

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Anyone checked out those Dyson fans? I'd never pay that for a fan but they are pretty cool:)

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The government has hijacked my phone and they are posting random things on EO.