need to work

truckerdjm

Active Expediter
i just got a cargo van and would like to go expediteing .but i have a pending felony on my backgound check and it seems no one will hire me can anyone help me find a company. i live near cleveland,ohio

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i just got a cargo van and would like to go expediteing .but i have a pending felony on my backgound check and it seems no one will hire me can anyone help me find a company. i live near cleveland,ohio

Check out these carriers on the EO Main page. According to some of them, they will take driver with felony.

Check under the driver requirements section on each carrier. Better yet, call the recruiters.

October's Top Owner Operator: Cargo Van Jobs - ExpeditersOnline.com

Good luck.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dickinson ND $17.00 per hour at Walmart to start...
hamburger flipper at McD's $12 to start..
Taco Bell $12 to start so many jobs so little people.....This is a crappy job....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dickinson ND $17.00 per hour at Walmart to start...
hamburger flipper at McD's $12 to start..
Taco Bell $12 to start so many jobs so little people.....This is a crappy job....

Part Time ND Snow Plow Driver.......Priceless ......:p

crich

Expert Expediter
Fleet Manager
US Navy
I don't think those are viable options for someone out of Cleveland. stick to crime it pays better than working for a living.plus it don't cost anything to live in the prison system f your convicted.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I don't think those are viable options for someone out of Cleveland. stick to crime it pays better than working for a living.plus it don't cost anything to live in the prison system f your convicted.

The costs associated with crime are quite high to everyone involved, including the perp, the victims and society at large. Incarceration isn't cheap. Lives are often ruined, families destroyed and once promising futures are altered. Individuals who harm others through crime place an enormous burden and expense on the rest of us. 100,000 years of evolution brings humanity to the present day situation where crime and malicious conduct seem omnipresent and unavoidable. Evil doesn't take a sick day.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
When has man ever been civilized? You can be as advanced and as politically correct as you want as a society, but we are still fighters. We fight everything that is different. We have developed weapons that can destroy the world a hundred times over. If I assault someone I'm a criminal. If my government assaults someone it is in the name of freedom and they are the heroes. Violence is going on in this world day in and day out. Also, most of the people behind bars are non-violent drug offenders. The prison system is like the federal government, they make money off of locking people up. I guess the guards prefer the low level drug offenders to the violent offenders lol. With that being said, I'd like to know what kind of felony this driver has before jumping to conclusions. If I were to get into a fight, and the other guy started it, it does not matter.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
The person who calls the cops first is the one who gets away with it. If I call the cops first and report that you were the one who assaulted me first, you are the one who is going to jail and getting the felony charge on your record. Lets not judge this guy because he has a felony. Any one of us can get falsely accused.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
What gets me is the mindset of my fellow Republicans. Some people will say that felons should not be hired, then they complain when these felons have to go onto the welfare system because they can't find employment. Or they complain about felons costing so much money to house in the prison system, but they do not offer these persons a way to become rehabilitated. If you continue to shun felons, then felons will continue to turn to welfare, or criminal activities to generate an income.

RoadHouse

Active Expediter
Despite what this driver has done to receive a felony, he is on here trying to work and be a productive member of society. He could have just as easily robbed a bank since he is supposedly a criminal. Some felons make the best employees.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Despite what this driver has done to receive a felony, he is on here trying to work and be a productive member of society. He could have just as easily robbed a bank since he is supposedly a criminal. Some felons make the best employees.

EX Felons who pay the penalty should be fully restored....to every opportunity to renew their life...Just because one has made a mistake they shouldn't have to pay all their life.....

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The real problem here is that this is a pending felony. What part exactly is pending hasn't been said, but-- assuming he's been indicted, trials can be rather messy affairs and then if convicted the felon can be sent away for a period of time. That doesn't make for a cheery "hiring" prospect in any field of work.

Upon having served his time, some fields are still permanently closed to the ex-felon-- depending sometimes on what the crime was, sometimes just because he was a convict. As an example, you wouldn't put an ex-child molester in charge of a pre-school. Certain industries are closed to ex-felons, and that's that. Expedited may not be technically closed, but you may have so many drivers available-- especially in vans, where I keep hearing that there's presently a surplus of vans anyway-- that the companies don't have to take the risk. Insurance companies may put their foot down and say "no" as well. But--- you can still try, answer ads, make phone calls, visit places you'd like to drive for and so on. A felony puts you behind the 8-ball, but you could still have a chance.

techaholic

Rookie Expediter
Look into getting your authority. If that's in your budget and ability then You could call around and talk to freight brokers. They are less picky when you carry your own authority.