Need help

connienorton

Seasoned Expediter
My husband has been driving a semi for 2 years and now we are looking to getting into team driving. I still have to get my CDL and am working on it. We are making a decision on switching to expedite but really would like to talk with someone to ask some questions about it before taking a big plunge--selling our truck and trailer and getting a straight truck. Anyone willing to talk with us via phone for a few questions? Please...... we want to make a decision very soon!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Connie: the best advice I can offer [being a solo who drives for an owner] is to take the time to research what you're getting into. Expedite is quite different from LTL or company driving, and expedite carriers are different in their 'corporate culture' - it's better to find one that works for you, than sign on because the recruiter promised what you want to hear, ok?
One good way is to talk to teams at truckstops, if they seem approachable. Another is to attend the free seminars hosted by EO, listed on the home page - it's time well spent.