national naval air museum

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
pensacola fla on the nas. plenty of truck parking in the overflow lot. website shows the 40 planes from ww2 to the present they have on display along with clothing and letters and advertising. took the trolley tour bit did not do the 10$ imax or 20$ simulator rides.

also on the grounds is fort barrancas. it is the first fort built in the usa by the spanish in the 1700's.

except for the rides entry is free and a contribution is appreciated.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is an incredible museum. I went to it recently. I got there 2 hours before closing and wished I'd had all day. I plan to go back when I can be there in the morning and stay all day. It is absolutely worth the time and trip to go see.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Use to live In Pensacola, great place, the Naval Air Museum is a great place. I was stationed there in the late 60s at Sherman Field next to the museum. Its a great place, should have never moved..............long story

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
There are many fine museums at military bases all across the country. Every one I have been to had free admission. The Air Force museum at Wright-Patt outside of Dayton, OH is very good. It is also very large. You will need a whole day to see it all. Jerry Lee

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The Air Force museum at Wright-Patt outside of Dayton, OH is very good. It is also very large. You will need a whole day to see it all. Jerry Lee

They have plenty of truck parking also. If you spend the day there, you will see about 3/4 of the place.:D

matlack

Expert Expediter
Here is a smaller Air Museum (less than 15 planes) that usually has a guided tour by a US Veteran to show visitors around and answer any questions.

Free Admission but donations are accepted.

Parking for Straight Trucks,Bobtails.

Open Weekends and by appointment.

A few airplanes are accessible for visitors to enter.
The day we that we visited it was two jet fighters and the FedEx airplane.

The tour along with the info from our Volunteer took about 2 hours.

Hickory Aviation Museum