Nascar 2017

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well JR is hanging it up and the end of the year. Wonder if Alex Bowman will get the ride and will JR have some ownership in the team?

Reactions: NorthernBill

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
It was bitter sweet to see #3 in victory lane. It finish late into the night cause of the rain in Charlotte. Pretty good race overall.

Reactions: ucfd608

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Granted after this weekend we have a tad bit of body work to do but:

32cfd6d08daefc0e944dc24aa22e04e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: SWTexas1

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Here is the main reason why I'm a Brad Keselowski fan. His parents had a truck team known back then as the Craftsman truck series. That was the first sponsor for the new series.

His parents done good overall for a while. I think at the end they put Brad in the truck. Long story short, the family put everything into it and went bankrupt. Brad felt that it was his fault. Felt like he let the family down and put them in that situation.

Here is when everything change. Dale Earnhardt Jr. owns a Bush series team now called Xfinity series called JRM and Jr had young ok talent in the car. When Jr call Brad to drive #88 Navy Chevy that team started running up front and got a lot better.

It's was Brad who made the difference and for that got notice. After his win at Talladega in a Cup car in #09 for James Finch it wasn't long before Roger Penske called him to drive the blue deuce. Brad didn't see success until his crash at Road Atlanta and after that he went on to win the Championship that year.

The thing about Brad that I like the most is he took what his parents sacrificed and they went bankrupt to give him a shot at racing and he paid most all of the debt back out of his pocket.

Brad has passion, heart and desire. Whether you like him or not you cant fault someone for that and especially for taking care of his parents like he did.

Last edited:
Reactions: jelliott

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Didn't get to see the race, but heard it on Sirius XM. Jimmie Johnson and Jamie McMurray had a bad/hard wreck. And Ryan Blaney #21 Wood Brothers Ford won today! It sounds like it was a good race.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Watch the truck race tonight. The race wasn't too bad, the last 10 laps was the best. Didn't get to see the Xfinity race today. I don't think we will get to see the Cup race at Michigan tomorrow. It looks like it's going to be raining all day there.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
The race was ok. Really the last 10 to 15 laps were the race. Next week there at Sonoma CA. That's always been a good race.

Reactions: ucfd608