My Yearly-ish Check to See if I can Get Back In

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
OK, I've been out of expedite for four years now. Well, closer to 3.5. Still too long. I see a lot of new (or at least new named) companies advertising here.

Is anyone out there worth driving for looking to pick up solo drivers? ST or CV, but I tend to prefer ST. I drove for Panther most of my time in expedite. And I'd like to go back there, but last I talked to them, they're not taking solo drivers or putting teams together.

I'm willing to drive team if that's my only way back in.

So, any current up to date info on companies as I browse thru the forums trying to get back up to speed would be helpful.

And if anyone has any advice on companies to stay away from, please give me specifics. "They suck", and "You'll get screwed" and such aren't too helpful. But any specifics on why to stay out of a company would be great.

I run compliant. I will not run any other way.

Thanks!
Christopher

PS: I'm likely to post a bunch of threads asking about companies I don't recognize. And probably some I do, just to see how they've evolved since I got out.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Do you have your own truck or looking to drive someone elses? Also, where are ya located?

A lot of drivers here seem to be real happy with Load 1. I'm not sure if they're putting on drivers or not.

I'm a local driver here in Michigan. I don't make the near the $$ that the Load 1 drivers make, but I'm home almost every nite. Another thing I like is a lot of my runs are pre booked the nite before.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Someone else's. Not in a position to buy my own truck.

I live in Hampton Roads Virginia. Not a great spot, but I'm sure it can be done.

Straights are plenty fine with me.

I actually don't want local. I've found I don't get enough sleep. All the various bits of home life tend to keep me up later than I should.

I would love pre-booked loads, tho...lol

Thanks!
Christopher