my time soon

denny2010

Expert Expediter
soon i'll be behind the wheel, working for fed ex cc. very excited. been long time coming. looking forward to it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Welcome and hope to meet up with you one of these days! Do you have orientation scheduled soon?

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Welcome aboard.
What are you going to be driving?
My advice is: The food at the cafeteria in Green is really good. Take all you want, there paying for it and it will probably be the only free lunch you will ever get from them.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
im still waiting to hear from o/o for orientation. i'll be driving a frieghtliner m2 106 with 84inch sleeper, non-reefer.....but shouldnt be much longer....thanks for support, dennis

denny2010

Expert Expediter
it looks like wednesday is my day.....hope it is smooth...and you guys never know maybe meeting up soon....i'll keep people up on where we are at...just a little nervous, but sure thats normal..like i have be told that already....dennis

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
Welcome aboard.
What are you going to be driving?
My advice is: The food at the cafeteria in Green is really good. Take all you want, there paying for it and it will probably be the only free lunch you will ever get from them.

JJ, they no longer allow "all-you-can-eat" it seems that someone stuffed their pockets and backpack with all the "good stuff" so they now issue $10 vouchers. Anything over that amount is on your own dime...are you the culprit? :eek:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
JJ, they no longer allow "all-you-can-eat" it seems that someone stuffed their pockets and backpack with all the "good stuff" so they now issue $10 vouchers. Anything over that amount is on your own dime...are you the culprit? :eek:

Really sad that they have to make a policy like that. I did hear that story..... someone in orientation decided to fill their truck fridge with subs on the company's dime.

You would think people would have a little more respect.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Really sad that they have to make a policy like that. I did hear that story..... someone in orientation decided to fill their truck fridge with subs on the company's dime.

You would think people would have a little more respect.

Dale

There seems to be a general lack of respect and honesty these days. People even ridicule others who have moral standards. It is sad.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I just stuffed myself. It was prime rib day and I remember how impressed I was with the quality of there food.

It's a shame that somebody would take advantage of the hospitality of the company by stuffing their fridge.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dennis when will you be arriving in Green? We will be at the office next week but will probably be leaving on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.

All drivers are welcome to stop in at the office to visit with office staff or to sit with dispatchers. Let them know ahead of time and they will take you to lunch. We have found this practice to be very beneficial to us as we are better able to understand why some things happen the way they do and to understand how dispatch works. Take the time to stop in and visit with the Contractor Coordinators or with members of Safety as they are more then willing to answer questions. This can be a step in forming a network of people that can help us in while out on the road.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
looks like i'll be going to orientation at o/o office down near ann abour....tuesday or wednesday.....then bring truck home and quit current job and then go when ready....

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
looks like i'll be going to orientation at o/o office down near ann abour....tuesday or wednesday.....then bring truck home and quit current job and then go when ready....

Better double check with the owner Denny. Fedex usually requires you to come to their offices for orientation.

Dale

denny2010

Expert Expediter
i have been told by a few different o/o that they can do orientation ,but they have to submit paperwork to fed ex...if this isnt true please let me know....thanks

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Ok. Just want to double check. I know they used to be able to, but thought they now require all.

Maybe if its a long term fleet owner they let them.

Dale

denny2010

Expert Expediter
dreamer, just want to say thanks for your concern..the other fed ex cc drivers i met on here seems to be very good people..thanks again, dennis