My Pro Heat is Sick

cliffn

Expert Expediter
In a couple of days we will be taking a little time off in Owensboro, KY. Does anyone know of a shop that works on Pro-Heat units anywhere close to that area? I think I have a bad injector ....Another thought. Do you think that most Kubota dealers could work on the engine? I know there is a Kubota tractor dealer just down the road from where we will be. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks. :) :) :)

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Are you still under warranty? If so call ProHeat and tell them whats going on. I'm sure they will be helpful. I've had my Gensets worked on other than Truck or RV shops with good results.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
go to web site proheat and it will tell you where the closes place is or call al smith at 619 852 1370 pro heat rep

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would ask the Kubota tractor dealer. Also, according to a few friends who have gensets from various manufacturers, many times reefer trailer shops are a good bet for genset repair, as many of the engines and parts are similar.
-Weave-

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Yes they do work on them. Stopped in Hurricaine WV to buy filters and they do work on them. Now they do not stock the belts non Kabota part so any outside parts will need to come from Pro-Heat or Napa.

Please send me a msg on what went wrong and the cost of repair just for my info thnx

cliffn

Expert Expediter
Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. It turned out that after I replaced all the filters that most of the problem was solved. Although the suggested filters are written on a yellow label on the unit, I have had only limited luck at two different Kubota dealers I have gone to. And this is even though I have part numbers, engine type, etc. My unit has two fuel filters and one air filter. I have replaced the fuel filters but thus far I have had no luck finding the air filter. I blew the old one out as best I could and am still looking. So far the auto parts stores have not been able to cross-reference and help me and they do not carry the brand called for which is a Mann & Hummel. At any rate, the unit is purring along pretty well right now. Good thing, too. Temperature in Milwaukee was in single digits when we got in there in the wee hours the other morning. Nice to be able to run the Pro Heat and not idle the truck. ;) :) :7

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
on filters napa carries oil filter, belts you can get them from napa
air filter only place your going to beable to get them is from proheat dealer, also oil filter can get them at wallmart, auto zone
also most industry kubtro dealers carry most of the belts to