1369247851650.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 1369247866981.jpg
    1369247866981.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 140

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A very good idea , and use of space available. .

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Cool use of drawer slides. Will be interesting to see if, over time, they bind up or not with weight directly on top instead of normal. Depends, I guess, on how the bearings are set in the tracks.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Cool use of drawer slides. Will be interesting to see if, over time, they bind up or not with weight directly on top instead of normal. Depends, I guess, on how the bearings are set in the tracks.

There ones for stuff on top...and the a/c really doesn't weigh a whole lot...nevertheless @ $5 a piece I can afford to replace them if needed..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Really awesome idea! Really! The only thing I see wrong is that cold air falls. So how is the air above the unit going to get cooled down?..just wondering...

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
There ones for stuff on top...and the a/c really doesn't weigh a whole lot...nevertheless @ $5 a piece I can afford to replace them if needed.

Well cool, I'll have to look for those, as I like this idea for a number of applications, both van and otherwise.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really awesome idea! Really! The only thing I see wrong is that cold air falls. So how is the air above the unit going to get cooled down?..just wondering...

A small fan up in one corner should move the air easily, plus my guess his bunk is mounted on wall behind drivers seat and would be in direct flow of ac air. .

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
A small fan up in one corner should move the air easily, plus my guess his bunk is mounted on wall behind drivers seat and would be in direct flow of ac air. .

Attachments

• 1369276246980.jpg
    1369276246980.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 88

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Where did u get the door that opens for the air cond

My buddy owns an Rv surplus in my town..door was $8
Red Arrow Surplus
Mattawan Mi. ( exit 66 i-94) easy on/off
Fun place to walk around

The whole thing including new a/c ( with 2 year replacement warranty) was under $150.00

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Well cool, I'll have to look for those, as I like this idea for a number of applications, both van and otherwise.

I'm thinking of the same idea on the other side for my generator..

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I'm thinking of the same idea on the other side for my generator..

Before you know it, you'll be using more heavy duty slides and building whole pull out rooms =P

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Nice job. I have a 4800 btu Hyundai unit in our AA 98" sleeper mounted in place of a window and one would be surprised at how much cold air these things will pump out. I paid $89 for it 5 yrs. ago with my Price Chopper discount card and haven't had a minutes problem hooked up to the EU2000. I do remove it during winter months for storage and use some plexiglass slides to cover the fins and front inlet while driving.