My guns

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
A .380 will be enough there.

Not enough power for my taste, prefer a .40 or.45. A little something I picked up while home this last weekend.

ede6a6a2.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: September locations... Farewell summer of '13

Not enough power for my taste, prefer a .40 or.45. A little something I picked up while home this last weekend.

ede6a6a2.jpg

Nice piece.

I carry the .380 most of the time. It's lighter than my wheel gun. The Ruger is a .357, MORE than enough to do the job. With any luck I will never have to use either, other on the range that is.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

Yeah, her Beretta is extremely comfortable to shoot. That's actually why we bought it. We ran 200 rounds thru a "tester" then HAD to have it.
She doesn't carry it, though.
It's for ventilating intruders.
My Ruger Speed Six has been "Old Faithful" to me for about 25 years I think.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Nice piece.

I carry the .380 most of the time. It's lighter than my wheel gun. The Ruger is a .357, MORE than enough to do the job. With any luck I will never have to use either, other on the range that is.

My prefered carry one is my Glock 23.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter

I don't carry that Ruger of mine. Just too big. But it shoots like a freakin cannon!! Sally doesn't care to shoot it even once but will run a couple of boxes through her M9A1 without blinking.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sally.... will run a couple of boxes through her M9A1 without blinking.

That's what counts. Nines aren't blessed with an overabundance of stopping power, but if the shooter can handle the weapon and hit her target at the moment of gravest danger, she just might win the day. Prayers for Sally :)

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

ede6a6a2.jpg

Very nice piece. Was the price good?
At work we carry Glock .40, I have at home a Beretta 92FC .9mm (my first duty weapon), a S&W 4506 .45. Never fired, and a S&W .9mm, and a Charter Arms .38 snub nose revolver.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Hey guys, whatcha say we move this VERY enjoyable conversation to the "Woods and Waters" forum? Leave the location thing for locations.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Re: Carry pieces

Glock small and comfortable for the shooter uncomfortable for the target!

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Very nice piece. Was the price good?
At work we carry Glock .40, I have at home a Beretta 92FC .9mm (my first duty weapon), a S&W 4506 .45. Never fired, and a S&W .9mm, and a Charter Arms .38 snub nose revolver.

Its a S&W 645, built from '85 to '88 (I think). Was my Uncle's gun, he passed a couple years ago and my aunt just decided to part with it. Gave $400 for it, seemed a fair price.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Glock 23, like the mid size of it and the firepower of the .40. Have a carry holster for the center of my back.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

My wife and I both have Sig P238's. We carry those most of the time when we are home. .380 is not the best caliber by any means but with good ammo, Hornday Critical Defense, they do a pretty good job. The Sigs are light,handle well and Mrs. Layout can shoot good with it.

My other is a Ruger SP101 .357. I carry it when it's cold outside. It's bulky and harder to conceal under light summer clothes. THAT caliber will do the job, without a doubt.

This conversation has me "itching", SO, I here there is a good gun shop in Massilon, OH, heading out there now!:D

Last edited:

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Here is a start. What firearm do you use for conceal carry and why?

I don't carry because I'm on the road and have no idea where I could do so legally. I have a PA carry permit, but it probably wouldn't be honored in Illinois :rolleyes:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Glock 45's. One size ammo, one trigger pull and one sight picture on all models.
I have the 21 and 36.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

I don't carry because I'm on the road and have no idea where I could do so legally. I have a PA carry permit, but it probably wouldn't be honored in Illinois :rolleyes:

I don't carry on road either, but most states thst have a carry permit will honor other states permits.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2