My first experience as a broken newbie!!

Cacique

Active Expediter
from a NEWBIE!!!!!!

I drive a e-350 cube/ straight or whatever you want to call it for a O/O. He paids for everything "gas, tolls, etc" and i only get paid "28 cents per loaded mile"

I was out of work for 2 or 3 months when i took the job "this was the only job offer i got in all that time and i average 7 to 10 job apps per day" anyways i hit the road with 4 chicken teriyaki noodles, 1 can of devil ham, 1 bag of bread a small pack of ham, cheese singles, some chips, a pack of water bottles, 7 pepsi cans and some chocolates.

I only had $30 on my name when i hit the road. "A sacrifice i did since my wife need the money at the house"

i love the job because i get to be on the road and i LOVE driving but i don't gonna lie i drop my first load yesterday morning at a truck plant in Louisville Ky since then i bng sitting at the flying J in waddy Ky. I don't have more money pepsis, chips or smokes i only got water because i keep filling the bottles with the water from the cooler. And i keep putting ice with a 44oz cup from the store. "Free ice refill".

Is being really hard on me but i know the little money i had made with my firsf load it will help feed my wife and son.

still sitting in waddy KY drinking my cooler water and eating my last noodles waiting for another load but with my chin up and very optimistic.

GO DAWGS!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good attitude welcome to the road.

sent from my FISHER PRICE Z100 using EO forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You will hear this alot ,,,,,you dropped yesterday ( sunday ) and exspected to be reloaded within 24 hours ? Sorry , but good luck with that dream world !!!! In most cases it might be 48 hrs. or longer ..alot of people have mislead to think its 1 load after another ...Now some times we do run hard , but the sitting comes with it ... Sorry for you current situation , but your not the first in your shoes...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
It gets tough out here especially when starting up. I started with an owner that took care of the drivers if they were low on money if they needed so that made it easier. But once your over the hump you can do pretty well.

Cacique

Active Expediter
You will hear this alot ,,,,,you dropped yesterday ( sunday ) and exspected to be reloaded within 24 hours ? Sorry , but good luck with that dream world !!!! In most cases it might be 48 hrs. or longer ..alot of people have mislead to think its 1 load after another ...Now some times we do run hard , but the sitting comes with it ... Sorry for you current situation , but your not the first in your shoes...

I'm not complaining or nothing i knew what i was getting into when i took the job.
I just post this as an update of my first post in EO.

I know sitting is a big part of this job. That's why i brought a big book with me "campaining with grant" and some WWII magazines to kill time.

:D

GO DAWGS!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

He didn't say anything about expecting to have another load already. Where did you read that? Sounds like he has a good attitude.

sent from my FISHER PRICE Z100 using EO forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry , but I was reading between the lines ....he said he unloaded yesterday and had been sitting ever since... I was trying to point out to him that if he was exspecting nonstop runs it wasn t happening ,,,and since then he posted he understood about that... For gods sake I sure wasn t scolding him was just trying to help....

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If it gets real bad, keep in mind that, although they can be a little greasy, Dawgs are quite tasty.

you can find a good recipe for turtle soup online. Delicious and nutricious tastes just like chicken!!

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wish I were there to buy you a meal but while I am here I will say a prayer for you God bless you brother

Cacique

Active Expediter
For as long i can put food on my family's table .....i keep smiling my friends!!!!

:thumbup::D

GO DAWGS!!!

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Good luck to you, Cacique. I like your spirit, and have been in your boots before.

If we ever run across each other out here (I run a later model all white extended body GMC Savana Duramax, no windows back and sides, that always has a CB antenna up dead center and a summer cowboy hat on the dash) I'll spring for a cup of coffee and a sandwich or something.