My Battle of the Bulge

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Pretty good, but I cheated.

Cauliflower, eggs and a "dusting" of bread crumbs for base, which I molded on top of a 10" wheat (6 carbs) tortilla, baked at 325° for 20 min. Thin layer of mozzarella, sauce, pepperoni and more cheese. Baked for 10 more. I was able to slice and eat like regular pizza.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pretty good, but I cheated.

Cauliflower, eggs and a "dusting" of bread crumbs for base, which I molded on top of a 10" wheat (6 carbs) tortilla, baked at 325° for 20 min. Thin layer of mozzarella, sauce, pepperoni and more cheese. Baked for 10 more. I was able to slice and eat like regular pizza.

You didn't use shredded cheese in your base?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow, but, dump the potatoes

Yes, they were a little more crispy then I’d like. If your in Milwaukee the next few weeks, you can stop by and meet Sharon and Stella. Plus I’ll take you two for breakfast. I’ll be hanging out near home for several weeks to help with Sharon’s recovery. You’ve got my number.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eggs are a staple in my diet. Specifically, hard boiled eggs.

When I'm home, I will make a batch of higher quality eggs to take with me.

Everything was going great, after trying varies ways to make them, I pretty much had it down to a science.

Then something changed. I couldn't make a hard boiled egg to save my life.

Actually, making the hard boiled egg was not the real problem.

The real problem was being able to peel the shell off without destroying the egg.

After several months of failed attempts, it was time to search for another way to make them.

I remembered hearing you could make them in a instant pot. I still have not got one yet, but got me wondering if I could steam them on the stove. I never would have thought about trying to steam what is commonly called "hard boiled" eggs But at this point, I needed a new approach.

Surprisingly, I found some instructions, and gave it a try.

How to Steam Hard Boiled Eggs | SimplyRecipes.com

Eggs are now coming out perfect. So simple, and the shells practically slip off. I didn't have a basket, so I used the no-basket option.

Now with that problem solved. I can try to figure out why my once prized roast, I make in my slow cooker, is tasting more like crap every time I make it

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I am losing my battle right now and trying desperately to fight back. My glucose levels rose an Dr. Put me back on insulin, glucose is now under control but I have gained back 15# and my clothes are a little too tight.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
WTF??

That was what I just said shopping for pickle spears at Walmart in Beaver Dam, WI.

First Walmart in over a year that didn't carry the brand I buy. I was a little at a loss not wanting to read every lable again to find a suitable substitute. You would be surprised how much crap they put in something as simple as pickles.

So I gave into some quick label marketing reading. Noticed a main brand spouting its no artificial this and that, and "No high fructose sugar". My first thought was why would you put HFS in a pickle spear anyways? So I grabbed the jar to check the label. Carbs where too high for me. Scanned down to see what they replaced the HFS with.
Not a big surprise...Sugar...next.

Looked at another promising brand based on the label. But this one is what made my jaw really drop. Main ingredient...High fructose sugar!
Wow, it's a freaking pickle! I guess they will add that to anything they can.

So I guess the moral of the story is to continue to read labels, even for something as simple as a pickle

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That was what I just said shopping for pickle spears at Walmart in Beaver Dam, WI.

First Walmart in over a year that didn't carry the brand I buy. I was a little at a loss not wanting to read every lable again to find a suitable substitute. You would be surprised how much crap they put in something as simple as pickles.

So I gave into some quick label marketing reading. Noticed a main brand spouting its no artificial this and that, and "No high fructose sugar". My first thought was why would you put HFS in a pickle spear anyways? So I grabbed the jar to check the label. Carbs where too high for me. Scanned down to see what they replaced the HFS with.
Not a big surprise...Sugar...next.

Looked at another promising brand based on the label. But this one is what made my jaw really drop. Main ingredient...High fructose sugar!
Wow, it's a freaking pickle! I guess they will add that to anything they can.

So I guess the moral of the story is to continue to read labels, even for something as simple as a pickle

I like that Walmart in Beaverdam ,Wi. Slept there a few times overnight. Good freight area . But label reading has really got You in a " Pickle " Lol .. oh for a different place to hang out .. try the other side of highway ... Kwik Star convenience store .. with inside seating area..

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see a avocado feast in my future...

Came across a really good price at Walmart. So instead of my normal 4-5, I would buy, I got 10. Figuring I would take my chances as they were no where near being ripe.

Well shoot, that was 3 days ago, and these things are still hard as a rock.
I want a avocado so bad, hate to buy more, and these are probably all going to become ripe at the same time.

Going to be some feast

Reactions: FlyingVan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I do the Claussen kosher dill in the refridgerated section. Cost a little more but, IMO, worth it.

I'll have to check them out again. From what I remember seeing before, and from just looking it up. They have been adding High Fructose Sugar. Some people have found them without, but seems to be in the minority.

I don't consume any HFS even if it says, "Less Than 2% Of High Fructose Corn Syrup", that's too much for me ;)

Reactions: Worn Out Manager