Motocross

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
With Villopoto out for the season with a knee, Stewart only running selected events, Reed not seeming to be able to sprint in the early laps, (European motocross being different than here in the U.S.), is anyone truly gonna care this year? Does Allesi actually have any fans after the incredible joke that "believe the hype" was? Inquiring minds want to know...

miker

Seasoned Expediter
I care ! I really don't care for Alessi too much, he just seems to be a smart a$$ punk, it was funny to see him pick up the pace immediately after Villipoto announced he's out. I'm hoping that Grant will succeed, he's pretty cool. How about the new kid on the block in the lites class, Barshia? the entire lites class has really just stepped up the speed this year. What's up with no Binghampton, Ny this year? that was one of my favorite tracks.
Glad to hear David Bailey back announcing , it's nice to have someone know what they are talking about. I don't mean Emig, I'm talking about Ralph Sheehan -PU
Man do I miss racing and riding.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you see the Texas race? What's up with Reed? Couldn't he quit pouting long enough to talk to Erin and her bodacious bolt ons?

Barcia does look like the real deal, we'll have to see. The list of highly touted rookies that didn't pan out is a long one.

This just in: According to RacerX, Mike Alessi has suffered a possibly season ending knee injury.

Last edited:

miker

Seasoned Expediter
Did you see the Texas race? What's up with Reed? Couldn't he quit pouting long enough to talk to Erin and her bodacious bolt ons?

Barcia does look like the real deal, we'll have to see. The list of highly touted rookies that didn't pan out is a long one.

This just in: According to RacerX, Mike Alessi has suffered a possibly season ending knee injury.

Allessi out? I am going to Racer x now , and yes they are certainly bodacious!
I think just doesnt have the outdoor skills like he has on the indoor, just like MC

miker

Seasoned Expediter
quote from Racerx mag on Tuesday 6-9

"BREA, CA - Rockstar Makita Suzuki reported that championship points leading rider, Mike Alessi, suffered a broken kneecap while practicing in Pennsylvania earlier today. Alessi's condition and prognosis will be updated as more information becomes available."

well my money is on Josh Grant now

miker

Seasoned Expediter
from RacerX

Jun 9 2009 8:56AM

Comment ShareThis Email Print
BREA, CA - Rockstar Makita Suzuki has reported that championship points leading rider, Mike Alessi, underwent successful left knee surgery this morning. "There was no other damage to the knee beyond the broken kneecap," said team manager, Roger DeCoster. "The outlook is better than expected, as we thought he was out for the year. It appears now that there's a good chance he will be able to get back out there racing before the end of this season." Alessi's condition and prognosis will be updated as more information becomes available.

who will it be?
Grant
Reed
Short

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For now, I'd have to go with Reed. I think we'll now see this mysterious illness, that came to light recently, go away and he'll end up with another championship with an * next to it. As much as he tries to downplay it, he's gotten his championships when the true champs were injured.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
he's gonna have to work awful hard to keep the 17 point lead that has over Grant and short, I also think that your gonna see some fire from these two because they are gonna dig deep!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kim, Miker, do either of you dirtballs remember the Yankee motorcycle? I knew a crazy kid in the early 70's that had two Yankees. These bikes had two 250cc Benelli or maybe Ducati engines (I forget) mated together with both cylinders firing at the same time.

He let me take one for a spin. Not in the dirt, just down the street. I had a heavy, sluggish Honda 750 at the time and the throttle response, power and torque of the Yankee impressed me. No, it scared me.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't remember that one. What was going on with dirt bikes was similar to snowmobiles. Anybody with a decent toolbox, torches and a garage, was taking a shot at building something to market. I think at one point there was upwards of 200 brands of snowmobiles.

My guess would be Bennelli engines, assuming it was a 2 stroke. Did Ducati ever have a 2 stroke?