Most useful android app

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I just now started using a android phone wow this thing is incredible. Just curious what your favorite app is mine is the fuel price finder so far. and also the swipe or talk to text feature cool.

jerry-jones

Seasoned Expediter
Google earth is a good one also sometimes your navigation will not pick up the consignee/pick up the droid maps or google earth app will angry birds is another great app its a great time killer

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Google earth is a good one also sometimes your navigation will not pick up the consignee/pick up the droid maps or google earth app will angry birds is another great app its a great time killer

Jerry,
Please don't take this as an insult or slam.

It would be useful and helpful to those of us that read these threads if the poster used some puncuation marks.

It makes it easier to follow your train of thought, and helps avoid misunderstandings.

Thanks

P.S. Welcome to the forum

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We want the steak house app! We have an idea, Chef Dennis, why don't you start a thread that you tell us your reviews of the steak houses you try. You can be the guinea pig for all of us, lol.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I got the virgin mobile android lg optimus v paid $100 on craigslist for a used but never used in the box phone and then $25 for unlimited service of web/text/300minutes cell and then I have a standard phone for loads and work with unlimited cell phone and web with straight talk. the best part is 2 different carriers so if 1 cell has no signal the other cell usually does have service. for only $70 a month it is well worth it to me.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
I just now started using a android phone wow this thing is incredible. Just curious what your favorite app is mine is the fuel price finder so far. and also the swipe or talk to text feature cool.

Just one? No....Wikidroid (passes the time on the road). Facebook. Craigslist ("BOATS!!!"-inside joke between Jeffman164 & me). Slacker radio. GPS. Bookmarked Pilot Travel Centers, not paying for their app when what info we want is on their website. Weather app that gives us current where ever we are plus settings for home so we can peek and be grateful we're not there.

Games: Jewels, Bubble Blaster, Crazy Snowboard, Geared, Trapball. Stuck on level 63 of Angry Birds, though.

Just added language translators (free). French, Spanish, Italian, German. Yes, voice to text...speak the phrase (check the accuracy, LOL), then press the speaker icon, it will audibly translate. Great for communicating in a foreign language where inflections might determine if you end up at a post office or Siberia.

HTC Incredible.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Not HiJack the thread, but to answer RoadKing..

Here are a few of the GREAT steakhouse in the country..these will keep you busy for a while...

St. Elmo's is my fav all time

St Elmo Steak House
Indianapolis, In

Flemings is a realy good place for a great steak and a really nice evening

Edgewater, NJ - Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Winter Park, Fla

Charleys has been voted the best Steaks in the country from an indpendent steakhouse several times, these steaks are great and over the top big..cooked on a openfire grill that is heated to over 1000*

~ Charley's Steakhouse ~ Aged Steaks. Market Fresh Fish. Fine Wines.
Orlando, Fla

Shulas, From the Miami Dolphins football head coach...he opened his 1st in Miami years ago and has grown to several locations all over the country, I have ate at 1 in Chicago and the original in Miami Fla always good

Shula's

Then the old standby, Ruth Chris..always good and all over the country. I have ate at a few of them., Columbus, Indianapolis and Charlotte NC

Ruth's Chris Steak House: Best Prime Steak Restaurant

Crazyhorse Steakhouse and Saloon

Crazy Horse Restaurant > Home

Hagerstown MD

Now this place is one of my all time favorite place to go..Juat a neighborhood place but Good food and a fun place on Thrus , Fri and Sat nights..I have DH' d over 200 miles on more then a few Fri nights to go here...Great food and entertainment in the saloon..live bands from blues to classic rock to country..Karaoke and then nascar on the TV's in the saloon on Sunday I go here whenever I am close.

There you go Roadking!! That should keep you busy...Now back to the original post...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Not HiJack the thread, but to answer RoadKing..

Here are a few of the GREAT steakhouse in the country..these will keep you busy for a while...

St. Elmo's is my fav all time

St Elmo Steak House
Indianapolis, In

Flemings is a realy good place for a great steak and a really nice evening

Edgewater, NJ - Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Winter Park, Fla

Charleys has been voted the best Steaks in the country from an indpendent steakhouse several times, these steaks are great and over the top big..cooked on a openfire grill that is heated to over 1000*

~ Charley's Steakhouse ~ Aged Steaks. Market Fresh Fish. Fine Wines.
Orlando, Fla

Shulas, From the Miami Dolphins football head coach...he opened his 1st in Miami years ago and has grown to several locations all over the country, I have ate at 1 in Chicago and the original in Miami Fla always good

Shula's

Then the old standby, Ruth Chris..always good and all over the country. I have ate at a few of them., Columbus, Indianapolis and Charlotte NC

Ruth's Chris Steak House: Best Prime Steak Restaurant

Crazyhorse Steakhouse and Saloon

Crazy Horse Restaurant > Home

Hagerstown MD

Now this place is one of my all time favorite place to go..Juat a neighborhood place but Good food and a fun place on Thrus , Fri and Sat nights..I have DH' d over 200 miles on more then a few Fri nights to go here...Great food and entertainment in the saloon..live bands from blues to classic rock to country..Karaoke and then nascar on the TV's in the saloon on Sunday I go here whenever I am close.

There you go Roadking!! That should keep you busy...Now back to the original post...

Post hijacker !!!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Scanner radio ....listen to all sorts of police scanners.... red box app..that's a good one if you use redbox ....

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Scanner radio ....listen to all sorts of police scanners.... red box app..that's a good one if you use redbox ....

Which scanner app do you use ? I tried one free scanner app and it runs for 5 minutes then pauses and says buy the app and ends the scanner.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
You Version Bible (different translations, nice)

Daily Bible (devotions etc..)

EO App ;)

Bar Code Scanner

Several games

Gas Buddy

TV.com (great app... several full episodes)

Aldiko (Ebook reader)

Google Sky Map

Google Maps

NASCAR

Picsay (Photo editer.. ad captions etc)

PdaNet (Tether program)

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Daily Bible was my first app dreamer That goes with out saying since the good lord is always #1 !!!

and the tv.com sounds good and so does the pdanet Thanks a bunch

You Version Bible (different translations, nice)

Daily Bible (devotions etc..)

EO App ;)

Bar Code Scanner

Several games

Gas Buddy

TV.com (great app... several full episodes)

Aldiko (Ebook reader)

Google Sky Map

Google Maps

NASCAR

Picsay (Photo editer.. ad captions etc)

PdaNet (Tether program)

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Move2sd, autozip, Google sky earth and search, Pandora radio, scanner radio, shopper, Dropbox, gas buddy, groupon, poynt, out of milk, OI Safe, you tube, Radar Now, ACar, Camscanner, Files Anywhere, wikidroid, dictionary, compass, disaster alert, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Wireless tether, notes, EO, DH and about 25 others for rooted android. All can be found in the market or App Brain market. Also for a launcher I use Go Launcher EX, it scrolls so much smoother and faster. Many more home screens and oodles if themes and widgets are available. Everything I have is free. There are some that have paid versions but the free version does what I need it to do.
Print Anywhere used to be a good one for printing from your Android phone via WiFi or Bluetooth, but they started charging $10 for each for pdf, doc or xls files. Can't see spending $30 for something that used to be free. I am trying out the HP email print app at the moment. So far its ok. Kinda nice if your on the road and what to print to your home (comparable) printer.

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

Last edited:

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Cargo decoder. For hazmat loads. Radar eye. Great weather app.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I found a tuner app for tuning guitars. Cool free app