most boring piece of highway

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I just ran US 36 across Kansas, Colorado yesterday I think that was the most boring day of my life

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
In the Midwest... I-57 tries to put me to sleep. Somehow wind up doing an overnight run on most of that road too, when I go that way.

I-69 between Fort Wayne and Indianapolis... I wind up there at 2 AM far too often as well. And I-65 south of Indy. Seems to take forever to reach Louisville (or vice versa).

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Those long, quiet stretches of the road are the best. There is little traffic to be wary of. You can be alone with your thoughts, podcasts or music for hours. There is ample time to contemplate a blade of grass, a strip of highway paint, the curve of the earth, something else or nothing at all. The soothing hum and vibration of a well-tuned truck can be fully experienced and appreciated. You're moving. You're making money with every mile. Fabulous! Absolutely fabulous!

Reactions: FlyingVan

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
That day I think I passed the same wheat field a million times the same town a few hundred looked at the same farm house etc us 36 across Kansas is boring

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I75 isn't boring at all with the narrow lanes and cement walls it's actually a challenge in some parts maybe not in a van but in a bigger truck it sure can be an eye opener!

Reactions: Moot

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Otp is great compared to most other roads I'm on now take i76 now that road really sucks and is the most expensive tollway in the country

Reactions: Bruno

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
Otp is great compared to most other roads I'm on now take i76 now that road really sucks and is the most expensive tollway in the country
Yep I charge extra to go that way anymore guess that's why I don't get loads over there no biggie