More Expediters Coming

CrazyWhite91

Rookie Expediter
Researching
I have money backed up, just still trying to get with owner of a van. Im being cautious since I dont know if I will enjoy this or not. I wish I could find something for my pickup truck.

Reactions: brokcanadian

CrazyWhite91

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Yeah I looked at Horizon and a few others. It seems my truck isnt big enough. Also I see they dont require experience but require 20k miles otr in like a uhaul or something. Hell I can get my Class B too. Damn theres alot of jobs out there that I didnt know existed.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The rv hauling pays well but it better for the 11 mpg you're going to get. The smartest haulers I see use a small tractor trailer and carry multiple loads

I personally wouldn't be able to resist picking the lock and sleeping in that huge comfy bed

Oh and with decals on the truck DOT will love you

Reactions: CrazyWhite91

CrazyWhite91

Rookie Expediter
Researching
I've seen them in the past and wondered what type of job they were doing and now I know. I can resist pretty well. DOT will love me as love pulling me over for something? hah

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
or our sister business of Hot shotting....pick up and flatbed trailer mostly oil industry work and some crossover into our side...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pulling your GCVW constantly will result in costly maintenance and failures...looked into it once but couldn't figure out how it would be better than what I was doing....

Reactions: CrazyWhite91

CrazyWhite91

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Im going to just try hard and get into a cargo/sprinter and learn this industry. Maybe I'll do Hotshot or RV hauling in the future. Being a newbie, I want to be cautious but be able to make decent money also.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very good dollars per mile until you figure in the cost of fuel and maintenance (that's my take, but some like it)

Basically delivering new rv's to dealers, like they do with new cars

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very good dollars per mile until you figure in the cost of fuel and maintenance (that's my take, but some like it)

Basically delivering new rv's to dealers, like they do with new cars
some of the more experienced ones...are real good at it and actually work the job....instead of just laying around waiting....one carrier I know has a portal where they log on and can see what is being shipped and they book it...
some do 2 way when they can.....when they get to a drop they call big dealers in that area to see if there is a warranty job going back to the factory or a pick up at a trailer park to bring into shop...
after talking to a CWrving O/O...they make you log even when your empty on the way back....at one time when unloaded they'd just ditch the magnet signs or cardboard signs and haul butt back to South Bend area....
1 team I was talking to......1 drove an RV while the other took a trailer on their pick up....2 for the price of 1....:)