More CVSA lies

moose

Veteran Expediter
link here :
TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper
"1 in 7 vehicles have brake-related OOS violations during Safety Week"
a few weeks before brake check week, i had my rigs brake system checked by a certified DOT technician, as i do every 90 days.
one day before brake check week, just to be sure it is still o.k, i had another technician check it out. he found a minor non OOS problem, something that i am not qualified to inspect. and i had it fixed within one day.
during brake check safety week, i crossed over 30 scales, and was pre-cleared by the PrePass system.
i also crossed 4 scales in which my rig brake system was never inspected, as the carrier DOT # was punched into the scale house and gave me the green light.
It is INSULTING to later read on the provided headline categorized my industry safety records as unsatisfied.
CVSA is using scare tactics to justify their actions.
CVSA manipulate the numbers, just like they do more often then not, to fit a per-determine agenda.
while the fact is that their own reports give our industry a pass with flaying colors.
what CVSA do is using PrePass, base plates photo's catching softwheres, CSA scores, carriers safety records, and other means, to select only the worst of the worst offenders.
not to mention that chicken coops traditionally shy away from inspecting truckers that use electronic logs.
after all, they are trying to inspect only trucks that might have a safety problem.
a safety blitz is all about the numbers, the more inspection they do, and the more ticket they wright, the better they looks. so why spend time inspecting safe trucks?
the fact is that during brake safety week they only inspected the worst of the worst offenders, the ones that previously did not do well.
out of those worst of the worst trucks, they only find one out of seven to have a brake issue ? - that's great news!
it's not like CVSA randomly check trucks, they only check trucks that might provide a money grabbing ticket.
all in all CVSA brake check week results show one thing and one thing only: for the most part trucks going down the road have no brake related problems what so ever. and all safety groups personals can sleep well at night knowing we are safe out there and leave us alone.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Why waste time inspecting safe trucks ?
How many people are paying a little more attention to maintainance items since CSA ?
The OP is checking things.
If more people are checking and catching things,then safety will improve.
The tactic they use may be wrong. Many of us, if on the other side of the fence, may do similiar things.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Why waste time inspecting safe trucks ?

His point is that they are trying to give the illusion that 1 in 7 trucks overall has a brake problem rather than admitting they focused on the worst and the real overall number might be 1 in 25. Again as they always do have hidden what the problems actually are and padded OOS rates with things that are not actually a safety issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If only the TSA would inspect the worst of the worst at airports.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I have to agree, rather then saying we found the MAJORITY of trucks and companies in compliance they say 1 IN 7 trucks have faults and were placed OOS or ticketed, Ive been inspected three times in 2 months each time told good job, nice truck, great equipment, so I should be given a sticker thats placed on my vehicle and says SAFE DRIVER/DATE OF INSPECTION, Good for 120 days etc...give the drivers, companys a pat on the back instead of making us out to be reckless, dangerous, 1 in 7 so then the public looks at all of us as if were trainwrecks waiting to happen.....

NUMBERS JUSTIFY MORE LEGISLATION, LAWS, RULES, OFFICERS, SCALES, AND INSPECTION GRANTS....Lower numbers make it look as if they dont have a thing to do...its an upside down system, No reward other then a good CSA score that no one sees, Put a sticker on my windshield or near my IFTA sticker that says IM A CERTIFIED SAFE OPERATOR.....

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nawwww, our government torture numbers to make truckers look like incompentant highway safety hazards, that have nothing better to do than cause mahem, death and destruction?

Say it aint so...

Bob Wolf..

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got to say this but I would bet $100.00 bill that about 97% of the beaurocrats that make the rules has NEVER had to put up with the people that we do on the road.If they did they would see things differently unless,then again,money come into play.