Monthly income

roadweazel

Expert Expediter
I was looking on a Est. or a general idea for how much a Cargo Van can bring in. If you want to break it down, like feul ins. that
would be cool but a flat rate would be fine, Because cost are different for everyone.

Say i was out for 3 weeks a month and i ran for your company. Cargo Van Freight.

If you do not want anyone to see you $ range just shot me a PM. Just trying to get some #'s so i have a idea about the income of a van. Mainly i am trying to come up with a est. CPM(Cent per Mile).

Thank you ,

Jason

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Weaz:

A typical van will be in the $4000-7000 monthly. Lot's of variables such as carrier, experience, availability time, load acceptance rate, personal deadhead, where you live etc,etc,etc.

Pay cash for a $30,000 van and travel 100,000 miles per year for 5 years and the van will cost you 6 cents per mile just to own it.

Gasoline will cost you about 19 cents per mile at todays price and diesel will cost you about 14 cents.

Oil change every 2-3 weeks, 2-3 thousand annual for PM and CM

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Roadweazel, let us ask you a question. One I have never seen posted here. How much do you need to exist on first, and how much do you want to make if you are willing to do what EVER it takes.

In otherwords lets just say, push you to the linmit what is your limit and maybee we can help you more. I know of a guy who never ever goes home, does not have one except for the bed in the truck. Now thats extreme but I can tell you how much he can make in a year and its a whole lot more than I want to.

WheelerDealer

Expert Expediter
Just check out the company very well before you invest. There are some small companies where you dead head alot and I mean alot. I probably have ruined my credit by not checking out what was going on before signing own with them. Now with no funds left I cant get own with a larger firm because ya gota have dough to go into to business.
Go with one of the big guys like Panther, Fed-Ex, Tri-State.