Mile cost

Michael043

Seasoned Expediter
Can anyone give me a average figure on how much to save per mile for the van repair and maintainance not encluding fuel?I'm thinking around 15 cent per mile am i way off?

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
I spent 3.8 cents per mile on repairs and parts, not including oil change during my van's two most expensive years

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would suggest you put away at least ten cents per mile into an interest earning savings account until you have enough for the most expensive eventuality. I'd guess that to be installing a rebuilt engine but don't know what it costs. Once you have enough put away to cover that you only need to replace what you use. I know 10cpm is much higher than the actual cost per mile but suggest that because Murphy may decide to visit before you accumulate enough at a more reasonable 4-5cpm rate.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I had 3 accounts set up. One main account and 2 sub accounts.

Out of the main account I paid all the bills like the fuel bill, truck note and other misc payments. All monies were deposited into this account.

2nd was to pay myself and the 3rd a maintenance account. I deposited 5% for the van and 10% for the C & D units.

The payroll account was set up so I could pay myself. I took a 30% draw weekly so I had somewhat of a steady income flow on a weekly basis.