Michigan IRP and IFTA Office

gavinsdad

Seasoned Expediter
Can anyone give me an address or phone # of the Michigan IRP/IFTA office? Can't find anything on the State of Michigan website. Also can anyone tell me what it is that I am going to need to take with me when I go to get my plates and IFTA stickers so I am not unprepared. Thanks for your help.

dawggone

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
go to Mi.gov/mpsc. They have a sidebar with IFTA information. Hope this helps.

Jim

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actaully go here;

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1631-26029--,00.html

They will require you to travel to Lansing to setup the account unless you have an account already setup.

There is a map in PDF format to the office, easy to find. Now I am told that there will be no MPSC sticker from FedEx but the State mentioned that this 'could' be wrong - won't know until the all incompasing registration system is in place.

Make sure that if you are transfering a title, get the milleage on the title and bring everything with you including you contract otherwise it will hold you up.

Dog_House2691

Seasoned Expediter
I also talked to Safety and Permits at my company about Michigan and was told there might not be a sticker this year.

dawggone

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Everyone: We were informed that there will be no MPC registration or Single State Authority at this time. As always Michigan may very well change their mind at a later date but as of now we don't need either one.

Be safe out there

Jim