Memory Foam Matress Pads

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the mattress pad on the bed? Every time you move it wants to slide. I have had it under another mattress pad, now just under a sheet and nothing has seemed to help much. The thing just seems to have a mind of its own and right now it is sure acting a lot smarter then me!!

kinilu57

Expert Expediter
Ours won't stay put either. I wondered if I could find those old fashion pieces of elastic that clamp on both ends. If you could get the sheet on tight enough and put those on the corners....maybe it would help. I can't wait to see if anyone has found a solution to this problem.

Cindy and Brian
D6084

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The little elastic straps that look like "idiot mitten clips" are available at Walmart, in the organizational section - closet systems, coat hangers, etc. I just got some today, to replace the safety pins I've been using to keep all the components of my bed in alignment-can't find sheets small enough for my 28" mattress. I like sheets with 400 or higher thread count, too, which aren't even available in a smaller than full size - guess they think if you sleep in a single bed, you're a kid! So I wrap the flat sheet around the foam mattress & memory foam topper, then pin it tight. I think that springing for good fabrics on the bed makes me happier about being on the road. lol.
The extra safety pins are stuck in the headliner, above the driver's seat - handy, especially if I ever need an impromptu weapon!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Have you tried the mesh nonskid stuff sold in rolls, that you cut to size? That might work...

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Two things have worked for me.
1) Rubbermaid makes a non-skid shelf liner. Place a strp of it down the middle of the mattress and place the pad on top.
2) Non skid rug pads, the rug to rug kind will work too.

An all cotton mattress pad helps. They may be pricey but if your in the South and can find a textile outlet you can get a good price for the better quality ones.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
> -can't find sheets
>small enough for my 28" mattress. I like sheets with 400 or
>higher thread count, too, which aren't even available in a
>smaller than full size

Cheri do you sew? Fitted sheets are very easy to make, let me know if you want instructions. Best thing is that they will fit like a glove.