MDX Customer Service and fraudulent bills

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I'm checking to see if anybody else on the forum has gotten a bill from the Miami Toll Road Authority? Especially one that is fraudulent.

I have received several bills this year from them and it shows a picture of the plate that shows a Florida Tag with "FLEET" at the bottom. The plate number just happens to match my plate number for my car in Texas.

Checking to see if anyone else is having this problem.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Did you call them? What did they say?

A few years ago when I was driving a Tractor Trailer I got a letter from New Jersey I think for some toll violations. It just happens that I wasn't anywhere near where the violations were. I sent the form back saying that it wasn't my truck, and they just dropped it. If it came to it, I could have used the log book and the BOL to prove that I wasn't there, but never came to that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have received several bills this year from them and it shows a picture of the plate that shows a Florida Tag with "FLEET" at the bottom. The plate number just happens to match my plate number for my car in Texas.
That sounds more like a database mistake (unintentional error) rather than fraudulent (intentional deceit, trickery, dishonesty).

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
"Database Mistake"? I don't think so. I was a programmer / analyst for 30 years. Writing a program that matches only on the plate number and nothing else - oh come on.

It it was a "Database Mistake", a phone call an e-mail a letter should clear that up. So far numerous calls, numerous e-mails, several letters have not cleared it up.

If anybody happens to be in Florida and happens to see a vehicle ( suspect it to be a truck of some kind) with FLORIDA plates, "GDD048" is the number. Let me know what if any lettering is on it.

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Florida recently changed to a new system on there tool roads-if you do not have sun pass-they will bill you. try calling sunpass-they maybe able to connect you to the right person

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Database Mistake"? I don't think so. I was a programmer / analyst for 30 years. Writing a program that matches only on the plate number and nothing else - oh come on.
The only other conclusion would have to be that a petty functionary sitting in the offices of the Miami Toll Road Authority is purposely trying to repeatedly bilk ones or even tens of ones of dollars from the owner of a out-of-state license plate that coincidently matches that of a Florida license plate.

It it was a "Database Mistake", a phone call an e-mail a letter should clear that up. So far numerous calls, numerous e-mails, several letters have not cleared it up.
Which makes me think such a persistent error is not intentional trickery, but rather human error of the initial error in connecting your license plate to that toll violation in the database. Errors like that can be incredibly persistent, until someone makes the effort and takes the time to actually go in and correct the error, which as we all know, petty functionaries aren't likely to do.

Send a registered letter, signature required, and that'll get it straightened out. ;)